February 5, 2019

Tuesdays With Tag - Slip Slidin'...

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart

Hi, Everybody!

Dogs love ridin' in cars and trucks, and I'm no exception. Mom calls me her "Little Road Warrior", and she's right. I never turn down a road trip. 

That bein' said...I guess I oughta ask where we're goin' from time to time. I mean...I remember the trip to the vet where I got some important parts removed. I definitely should have asked some questions before we went for that ride! 

So, last Wednesday, Mom and I loaded up a strange car, and she even put my dog bed and food dish in there. When I saw that, I made sure she didn't forget my food tote either. Then, on Friday, I said 'bye" to Boo and Dad, and Mom did the same. 

We left Florida, and sunshine, and headed north. Mom told me we were headin' back to the farmhouse, but I guess I didn't do all the math.

Brynwood Needleworks - Aunt Judy and Her Friend

We did stop in Nashville on the second travel day to see Miss Judy and her friend. We try to stop to see her whenever we're headin' through town, and it's just a quick hop off and back onto the highway to visit for an hour or so at the Waffle House. Of course, I love that because I always get a few schnibbles of bacon (and a more than a few doggie treats from Aunt Judy!) before we leave.

Mom was askin' her about her sweatshirt - the FastCat Corgi - when they were visitin'. FastCat is where there are special runnin' areas, a (non-animal) lure, and a corgi who runs as fast as he/she can to catch the lure. Then the pup is timed, and gets points based on their times.

Aunt Judy's dog, Griffen, has been runnin' his heart out (it's only for a short run at a time), and his run calculates to 15 miles an hour right now. I'm impressed! Mom's gonna see where they have these FastCat events in Wisconsin and might get me doin' this. If I do, you can bet your socks I'll tell you all about it.

Brynwood Needleworks - Ice and Snow At The Farmhouse
 
Well, it turns out, it got colder the longer we drove. The last day I was whizzin' in the snow again. Whew! Talk about a little shock to my system. Early last week, I was sunnin' my junk in Florida, and now, I'm draggin' it through the snow. brrrrrrr!

There was all this snow the first night we got back to the farm, but by yesterday it was mostly melted. Now, we're expectin' colder temperatures and more snow. What the heck, Mother Nature? Get your act together. I need to know if I should hold onto my fur or continue sheddin' like I've been doing since we were in Florida. I don't want to have to wear another silly sweater, after all. sheesh! I hope that ground hog was right. It would be nice to have spring right around the corner.
 
 I'll see you again in seven, 'til then...
"Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open".
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are such a good Road Warrior and companion for Mom as she drove so many miles to get back to Hickory Hill Farm. I think you will love runnin on any FastCat track Tag. They may just have to rename FastCat to FastTag! Keep your fur...that groundhog is more wrong than right. Smooches...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna