February 25, 2019

Stitching On A Blustery Day...

Web Image - American Gothic With A Twist

Goodness, it was windy yesterday! We had gusts to 51 miles an hour, so this image of a windy American Gothic seems appropriate. It was a perfect day to stay inside, so, with the exception of making sure the birds had seed, and Tag's potty breaks, that's exactly what we did. 

Brynwood Needleworks - Butterfly Wing Progress

This is what I accomplished yesterday. It's slow and exact work, but it's also very "zen" and satisfying. I finally called it a day when it was difficult for me to see the subtleties of the thread colors. I think I'll stick to daylight stitching when I'm working the color changes.

Brynwood Needleworks - Side By Side Wing Progress
 
I thought it was best to place the wings side-by-side so that the pattern is similar (but not necessarily exact). As perfect as Mother Nature is, I don't think I have to make each side exactly the same. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

Not only are the color changes subtle in the spots along the edge of the wings, but you may be able to see that the wings progress from black at the edges to shades of royal and navy blue as I progress to the wires on the ends. I need daylight to distinguish the colors as I go.

I'll check the feeders first thing, do a few other indoor tasks, and then Tag and I will settle in, so I can continue my embroidering today. With the cold, continued wind and icy roads, I can't think of a nicer, safer place to be than right here in the farmhouse.
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Your work on the butterfly is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning stitchery on your Butterfly wings. There must be excellent ligh to see the subtleties in your color changes...WOW! Safe and Warm is a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna