February 18, 2019

Slow Going...

Brynwood Needleworks- Top Left Wing Progress
 
I admit, there was only a portion of the weekend spent needle dancing. I did a few homekeeping tasks, as well as making sure the bird feeders were filled, and Taggart got a little romp in the snowy yard.
 
However, I did spend a little time working on the butterfly wing(s), too. After anchoring the edge that stabilizes around the wing base, my next step was to stitch all around the inside of the design with more black silk thread. I finished the top wing, but not the bottom one. I'm going to complete one part at a time, so I'll finish this top wing before I do the bottom one. 
 
In case you're wondering, the little threads and knots sticking up around the design are anchor points for the thread as I stitch. Having them on top makes it easier to snip and remove them as I stitch up to them. That way, I know where the tails are underneath to also anchor those threads as I do my work.
 
I also completed a special order, but I won't be able to ship it out until tomorrow. President's Day Holiday, don't you know. No mail service today. 
 
Tag will tell you about his romp tomorrow. I must admit, I got a teeny peek, and he's got some cute photos to share with you. What a clown!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Sew amazing how you are stitching your beautiful Butterfly wing. When I saw those little threads sticking up, I guessed what they. Are doing and thank you for explaining. I learn something new each and every day. We have rare snow here in St. George Utah. I think it is special for our company here from Duluth MinneSNOOWta who are trying to get away fro their extreme Winter weather.. It was -18 when they drove away from home!!! Brrr...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna