February 9, 2019

Shimmering Attire...

Brynwood Needleworks - Hickory Hill Farm's Compass Barn and Snowy Yard
 
I've said more than once how much I love my life here at the farmhouse. That doesn't alter based on the season. Every season in Wisconsin brings its own special, and unique gifts. While Autumn is my own personal favorite, I find blessings in each of the other seasons, as well. Winter is no exception.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Icy Weed Heads

I'm able to simply stay off the roads when Mother Nature brings ice and/or freezing rain, and I'm happy to while away my hours in joyful, indoor pursuits. Yesterday was one of the days that, in spite of the extreme cold, I donned my warm clothes and boots, and went outside with Tag and my camera.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Weeds Dressed In Ice

Mother Nature greeted me with sparkling, shimmering jewels, covering everything in our yard. The ground was covered with snow and ice, and the view was magical everywhere I looked.

Brynwood Needleworks - Crunchy Grass

As Tag and I walked through our yard, both (all?) our footsteps were through ice, and we made crunchy sounds as we broke through to snow.

Brynwood Needleworks - Sun Shining Through The Ice

All the dried leaves, grasses, seed heads, tree branches, bird feeders, and buildings were covered with ice from last nights' storm. Everywhere I looked was beautiful in its own unique way. Even plants that many consider "weeds" were elevated in their chilly attire.

Personally, the "weeds" are some of my favorite plants. I love that the birds find sustenance from them over the cold winter months, and the bees during the spring, summer and fall. 

Brynwood Needleworks - Ice Flower
 
The sun was shining all day, so most of the ice will slowly slip off its lovely perches. I can't wait to see what lovely treat Mother Nature plans next for the farm.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. How blessed you are to enjoy and embrace each and every season Mother Nature gives us. Your icy terrain is gorgeous and I am thankful you do not have to drive in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna for once again sharing your beautiful farm house and the land & its blessings. There are so many rewards in every season. I loved ice skating on a frozen pond, and paddling around in a rowboat in the summer. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna