February 12, 2019

Tuesdays With Tag - My Day With The Dogs...

Brynwood Needleworks - Taggart With Miss Spring
 Hi, Everybody!

Man, have I got a really special post for you this week! Mom and I went on a little outin' on Sunday. We went to the Fond du Lac (WI) County Fairgrounds to the buildin' called the "Cow Palace". Nope. I checked all over, but I didn't see a single cow the whole time we were there.

But we did see somethin' pretty awesome! Let me tell you all about it! This picture is me with Miss Spring Singleton. She's a friend of Mom's from Facebook...and she went to school with one of Mom's sisters.

Brynwood Needleworks - Mayhem and Stevie's High Five Paw Butter

Miss Spring is makin' and marketin' a really nice salve for dog feet (and people hands) called "Mayhem and Stevie's High Five Paw Butter". Mom's already put it on my feet, and the butter is awesome!

Miss Spring made this usin' beeswax, coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter, vitamin E, chamomile oil and jojoba oil. All these ingredients are safe for dogs - even if they lick it off their paws! She named it after her two rescue dogs, Mayhem and Stevie!

Well, Mom bought some from her, and they made arrangements for us to pick it up at the fairgrounds. The excitin' part was that a group Miss Spring is associated with is called Sandi Paws Rescue, and they were having an adoption event right there!

Sandy Paws Alabama Rescues 1

All these dogs were transported to Wisconsin from Alabama. People abandon or release their dogs to the rescues down there, and because Wisconsin is known for not turnin' in their pets, people here are happy to take dogs from other states into their homes to keep 'em forever! We were impressed to learn that.

Sandy Paws Alabama Rescues 2

Mom and I saw all these dogs while we were there, and there were a lot of people fillin' out paperwork and takin' dogs for walks to choose who they were gonna take out of rescue and into forever homes. It was really heartwarmin'. Even for me!

Sandy Paws Alabama Rescues 3

I think about how Bella and I really have wonderful lives, livin' with Mom and Dad. I mean, we get regular meals, treats, medical care (when we need it), fun stuff to do, and we even get to sleep on beds and sofas!  Most of all, we live safe lives (forever) with the people who love us. We think every single dog deserves those same things. Just look at those faces! They're all so adorable, even by my standards.

Brynwood Needleworks - Sandi Paws Puppy Tender

There were a bunch of puppies at the event, too. Every puppy enclosure had someone sittin' in it with the puppies, so they wouldn't get scared. These guys didn't have an issue with that. Mom giggled at that one puppy with his head on the little boy's lap. Lyin' upside down, and all.

I sniffed all the puppies, and some even wanted to play with me. I mean, you can't blame them, can you? I bet if we were in the same room, you'd wanna play with me, too!

Sandi Paws Alabama Rescues 4

Some of these dogs are still available, and some aren't. There were actually twenty seven adoptions on Sunday! Isn't that pawesome? We sure think so.

Sandi Paws Alabama Rescues 5

The other thing that's neat, is that all these dogs are cared for in foster homes, and not in a single building. They get affection, training, meals, and a home to sleep in - until they're adopted into their forever homes.

Mom was especially taken with an older, black Labrador male named "General". He's in the lower left corner of this photo collage. He was quiet, calm and sweet as pie. 

Sandi Paws Alabama Rescue "General"

He didn't get adopted on Sunday, but instead went back home to his foster family that night. Mom and I hope that he becomes what's called a "foster fail". That's when the people who temporarily take care of a pet decide they can't part with him or her, and make him a member of their own family - forever. I mean, just look at this picture of General with his foster brother. Don't you hope he ends up livin' with them forever?

Sandi Paws Rescue has a Facebook page, and they also have a website. If you have room in your home for a rescue pet, I can tell you that all of these dogs were sweet when I checked 'em out. They've had their shots, are assessed so you know if they're high or low energy, and they weren't snarky or anythin'. Just go to SandiPaws.org and check out the dogs. Every one of them deserves to live a life like Bella's and mine. Think about it.

Oh, and if you're interested in your own tin of High Five Paw Butter, you can send a message to Miss Spring on Facebook, or let Mom know and she can put you in touch with her. 

 I'll see you again in seven, 'til then...
"Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open".
 

1 comment:

  1. Tag you do have the most interesting field trips. I do hope these sweet dogs all find good loving safe homes. You and Bella are very fortunate. Paw Butter sounds yummy...just in case you lick it! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna