February 23, 2019

Fluffing The Farmhouse...

Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Dining Room
 
All my plans for the weekend fell apart yesterday. A group of high school friends were planning lunch in our hometown, but we're expecting a winter storm, so friends from Madison were the first to cancel because of the weather. The rest decided to wait because the whole state is going to be under a severe weather watch.

Likewise with my plans to attend the Milwaukee Symphony with Daughter-in-law #1. I didn't want to be on the road at midnight in light of the forecast. (Driving home on Sunday looks to be even worse.) I'm actually hoping the weather comes now, as I really am bummed about the concert we'll be missing (MSO performing Rachmaninoff's "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini" - known to some as the theme from Somewhere In Time.)

Frustration usually sends me into a cleaning/furniture-moving frenzy, and yesterday was no different. I began by moving things around in the kitchen. I'm not going to share photos of the kitchen just yet because I have a project to finish in there first. 

Then, I moved a few things around in the dining room, along with changing out the decor for Spring. Spring is just around the corner, isn't it?
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Farmhouse Living Room
 
Afterward, I cleaned and moved a bit of the furniture in the living room, too. The curtains in the windows are temporary. I've purchased a gorgeous white linen (about 24 yards, to be exact) to make curtains for this room. 
 
My plan is to make them long enough so I can mount the rods about three inches from the crown molding.The rod brackets will sit far enough apart so that when the curtains are open, the curtain will clear the inside edges of the windows.
 
Oh, and the magnifier lamp and floor lamp (seen in the top image of the living room collage) aren't supposed to be there. They're usually next to one of my chairs for stitching, but I actually forgot to move them back before I took the picture. sigh. I didn't see them until I was writing my post. ack!

I dusted and vacuumed, so the room will be clean and comfortable when I sit and stitch on my butterfly as the snow flies. That's my plan. Clean house, groomed Corgi, and a weekend of needle dancing. Bring on the weather. I'm finished fluffing.

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to learn you're missing the concert. Rachmaninov's music steals my heart every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is so beautiful. My Grandma had that same cleaning and moving the furniture gene...alas I did not get it. Staying home and safe from severe weather is very smart. Enjoy Needle Dancing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the music from Somewhere in Time...! I'm so sorry you have to miss the concert. I often turn on the soundtrack to Somewhere in Time on my phone & fall asleep to it... so soothing & beautiful. I hope you & Tag have a snuggly weekend! xo, Bren & Bailey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna