February 6, 2019

Stumpwork Embroidery By Helen Richman...

Brynwood Needleworks - Helen Richman's "Stumpwork Embroidery" Book

I received a new book in the mail yesterday. I was tickled to open my package, so I could immediately page through it!

Helen Richman qualified at the Royal School of Needlework, and she is the founder of the Bluebird Embroidery Company. (That's where I ordered my copy of this book online.) She also teaches classes in Great Britain and elsewhere.

Brynwood Needleworks - Book Details

This beautiful, soft cover book has 224 pages of instruction, technique and gorgeous photographs. There are over 900 color photos and stitch diagrams. 

Brynwood Needleworks - Book Details
 
I can hardly wait to start working my way through this book. I'll finish my butterfly first, but I can enjoy perusing these pages when I'm not actually stitching...and I'll be sure to let you have a peek along the way, too.
 
 
I'm nearly finished settling back into the farmhouse. I'm hoping to do some stitching today, as it's cold and snowy outside again. I can't think of a better way to spend a wintery day, than to needle dance with silken threads. Of course, I'll have a corgi and a cuppa tea close at hand, too. Happy times in my happy place.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. oh. My. Gosh. I'm not familiar with stumpwork, but I think I'm in LOVE! Glad you mad it home safe and sound, and in time for some lovely cold and snow. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumpwork is such a coarse name for such beautiful and delicate embroidery. Snow instead of sunshine??? Hmmm... Enjoy your tea, Tag and needle dancing dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have a book of Erica Wilson's that has stumpwork. I'll need to take a look. It certainly has come a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you made it home safely Deece!
    That book looks fabulous. I can't wait to see what you create.
    Love ya!
    Shelby Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna