February 15, 2019

Stitching Again...

Brynwood Needleworks - Butterfly Armature
 
I'm pretty sure you haven't been sitting on the edge of your seat, waiting for me to start stitching again. Nevertheless, I thought I'd let you know that I've begun work on the second set of wings for my stumpwork butterfly.

The first step is to create the wing armature, covering the parts with black silk. It took a while, but as I write this, I've completed doing them.

Today, I'll start my stitching to secure these parts to my ground fabric. Once that's complete, I'll begin the part I enjoy the most (so far)...the embroidery. Don't you think that's a lovely way to spend my Friday? Yes. I couldn't agree more.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. I’m really looking forward to seeing this one finished,I would like to try stump work myself.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very meticulous on your set up and beginning which will make a lovely butterfly after you complete your silk embroidery stitching. Friday is perfect for stitching...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna