February 13, 2019

Snow From Start To Finish...

Brynwood Needleworks - Tag On Top Of The Snow

We awoke yesterday morning to the snowfall that was promised. It was so quiet outside, and our world was wrapped in a blanket of white. Tag loves it. He raced around the yard, and even into the tall grass.

Brynwood Needleworks - Morning Snowfall

Snow covered the buildings and the wind whipped it into drifts across the yard and driveway. It's okay. We weren't going anywhere anyway. The Sit & Sew scheduled for yesterday was rescheduled for today, but then cancelled because only four of us had our Wednesday open. Winter interrupted our plans.

I planned to spend the day in the studio, but truthfully, I'm happy to be doing home chores - or nothing at all right now. I'm moving furniture around, and I have baking on my agenda.

I'm also busy trying to round up those little rodents that have moved into the farmhouse in our absence, and serve them with eviction notices. The farmhouse has the subtle, clean scent of peppermint, from me wiping down shelves and doorways with essential oil. I'm told that mice don't like the scent. I'm counting on it.

Brynwood Needleworks - Evening Snowfall

The snow stopped midday, and Andy came down with the plow to clear out the drive. In fact, he even shoveled a path for me from the walk to the bird feeders! I know he likes clearing the snow, but I hope he knows how much I appreciate that he does it for me. I'm making fresh banana bread this morning to take up to the house to say thanks.

As the day was coming to a close, the snow began to fall again. The wind was swirling around the drive, and the birds were beginning to roost for the night.

Brynwood Needleworks - Continuing Snowfall
 
It stopped by bedtime, so I think we're finished for a while. I need to go out for more birdseed, and to drop off the treat for Andy and Shelly. The plows should have the roads cleared by the time I go to town. 
 
I'm hoping to have some studio time soon, too. I have a little list of things I'll be working on. I have linen curtains to make for the living and dining rooms; my stumpwork butterfly to finish; a child's quilt to make for a great-nephew; and I have some new styles to make for my handbag and wallet lines. 

I'll be in the kitchen today, and then we'll see what I can accomplish from there.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

3 comments:

  1. Very beautiful and ethereal when the fresh white virginal snow falls. Be safe and warm dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, all your photos are gorgeous! I bet Tag had the time of his life!! Does he miss Bella? I hope you get to town all right, be safe! I hope you got your baking done and then you can get in the studio and create away!!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly love your pictures, thank you for sharing! Your planned activities are amazing! Always creating and enjoying reading your blog … with a bit of envy to be honest. Have a wonderful time with all, and be safe & warm...both of you.... A nod and pat to Tag, the wonder dog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna