February 16, 2019

Anchoring The Wings...

Brynwood Needleworks - Attaching Armature To Wing Parts
 
I'm nearly finished attaching the armature to the left wing parts. Once I finished covering the wires, I had to stitch them down as the first step to preparing to fill in with silk threads. 
 
I only have to complete about an inch of anchor stitching on the top wing part on the right side (above) that I didn't get done last night. I'll do that this morning, and then I can begin the next steps. 

My goal is to complete my butterfly by the end of February. I do have orders to make and ship, and a few other projects on my agenda (including sending off our tax documents to our accountant), but I'm on a roll now, so I think I can do it. In fact, I may even get it finished early, if I put my nose to the grindstone! Let's see.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. As your Butterfly comes to life I can imagine the hours you spend creatng such a lovey treasure. I think of ladies in Victorian times when their time was spent sitting and stitching and that was all they did. You dear have an entire historic Farmhouse and famly to also tend to and you are amazing. Saturday Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna