February 4, 2019

Away And Back...

Brynwood Needleworks - Hickory Hill Farm

I promised I'd tell you about my last day of travel when I posted today. Day Three of my trip was the shortest, but the most difficult. I had decided to stop three hours short of home, after a nice, but long day of driving. At the end of Day Two, I stopped in Rockford for the night.

The day began after a restful night. I awoke to thick fog and a three-hour drive ahead of me. I packed my overnight things and Tag, and we turned for home. My southern-accustomed rental vehicle drove well in the colder weather, but even though Handsome had changed out the water in the windshield washer for cold weather fluid, it refused to pump through the washer to clean my salt-covered front window. I ended up stopping at gas stations multiple times to clean my windshield, only to have it obscured as soon as the next semi passed me.

I stopped close to home to get a few things I'd need for the kitchen (cream for my tea, and such), and then gratefully arrived safely home. I was so happy to see the farmhouse that I stopped short of our driveway just to take a photo to share with you. Home, Sweet Home.

Brynwood Needleworks - Birthday Girls

I didn't watch the Super Bowl yesterday. Instead, I went to a party to celebrate our great-nieces (twins) celebrating their third Birthday. There were lots of family members gathered to share good food, cake and visit.

Brynwood Needleworks - Visiting With My Brother-in-Law, Tom

The girls are my sister's grandchildren, and I enjoyed sitting and chatting with her husband for a bit while surrounded with the hustle and bustle that defines such kids' parties. It was a lovely afternoon. It matters not that there is snow, cold weather or fog. It's times like these that will linger in my memories.

The rental goes back to my drop off point today, and then my trip home will be officially closed. I'll run a few more needed errands, and then tomorrow, I'll get my studio back in order to be able to work there again. (I have to put away my travel projects and situate that gorgeous new (vintage) machine that came home with me). I'm looking forward to it.

Tag will be back tomorrow. He can't wait to visit with you again. He has a lot on his mind, too. (lol)

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Home Sweet Home and always so good to return after being away. Thankful your trip was safe. Super cute twins! Enjoy your home tasks dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! Looks like you had a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you and Tag made it home safe and sound. It looked like the twins had a joyous birthday and glad you were able to visit with family. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful to hear you & Tag are home again & the photograph of your beautiful farmhouse is beautiful! The twins are so CUTE! Enjoy catching up & stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna