April 30, 2024

Weekend Stitching...

My weekend began on Friday, stitching this pendant for a customer. I'll make another soon for my shop to replace this sold one. The new owner already has and is wearing this one.

I added the bee charm to the bottle I created on Saturday, so I took a few photos, including showing it lit up with my fairy lights. The little charm is on the neck of the bottle and has crystal wings for a bit of sparkle. 

I'm not sure why the lights cause a blue cast (in spite of my trying to edit that out), because it doesn't read that way at all "in person". It just has a soft white glow, which is much preferred to this blue cast!

At any rate, now it's completely finished and I can enjoy lighting it up for a while at night to enjoy.

After our Saturday craft session, I came home and contemplated how I wanted to make my Corgi brooch sparkle. This is where I stopped at the end of my session. I moved the nose bead down a bit, added a beautiful opal thread - couched in a brick pattern - and will do the feet next. 

After the feet are done, I'll start adding the chipping for the rest of his body. As always, I keep the first one, which is good. I'm my own worst critic, so I see where I could have done better on the white "ruff". I know I'll perfect the second one, knowing ahead of time how I'll put it together, having already done it here.

Yesterday was spent canning. I'll share photos of that tomorrow. I'm working today, so I'd better get organized so I get there with time to spare. See you tomorrow!

12 comments:

  1. The Pendant is pretty.
    Love the Bee Bottle with the idea of Fairy light, so pretty.
    The Corgi is looking great!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thank you so much, my friend. I'll be doing more stitching soon. Canning is on the agenda again today.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. They say variety is the spice of life and you've proven that with this post - three fun things to admire. I wonder if the 'blue cast' could be because there's a slight blue tinge in the lights themselves. I know they sell light bulbs that are listed as being 'warm' white and 'cool' white so that could explain it. Very scientific explanation....hah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      That's the truth! Boredom never manifests around here! I thought about the lights being blue, but they really don't read that way in person. I'm really not sure if it's the lights or me at this point. lol Thanks for helping out a bona fide science geek with your explanation.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Donna, wow! Creative and canning! Everything looks lovely. - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy:
      I need a little variety from time to time. Thanks, dear.
      Happy May Day!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. It’s all beautiful! I love to see your stitching! Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Andrea. My first love...stitching. I'd sit and do it 24/7 if my eyes and hands would cooperate!
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Oh I love the Bee bottle, one of a kind for sure.
    And wow for the pendant and the brooch, he's going to be so handsome.
    That was a jammed backed weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley, dear.
      Thank you! I do like how the bottle turned out. I may have to do one or two more. I'll add that to my copious To Do list. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Sherry of createology: BLUEtiful necklace stitchery. I sure love the fairy lights. Tag is the perfect model for his Brooch. The white looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sherry!
      Thank you, dear. My client really loved it. I think the idea for the fairy lights ( from one of my Saturday crafty friends) was a great inspiration. I think of my boy the whole time I work on the Corgi brooch. Perhaps that's why it's taking longer for me to finish. My eyes get misty and it's hard to see my stitches. I do so miss him. (sniff sniff)
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna