April 16, 2024

My Concept...

This is the template for my latest idea. I'm going to take the Corgi from my For The Love of a Corgi logo and label to create a coordinating goldwork brooch to offer for sale. As with all FTLOAC items, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to CorgiAid.

As I was contemplating the design for the brooch, I first went with the idea of a corgi profile. Then it hit me. Why not at least attempt to recreate the logo dog for my goldwork piece? So, this will be my next project. (Fingers crossed it works) I'm at work all day today, but will definitely be putting needle to fabric on Wednesday!

My day of baking was fun. In addition to bread and hamburger buns, I also made my first batch of cinnamon rolls, which was shared with Andy and Shelly. Feedback from Shelly and Handsome was that they were success. I'll be making those again, too!

Well, I'd better pull myself together. I'll be at work by 9:45 and put in a full (for me) day. I'll be back tomorrow to visit. I hope you have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. That Corgi will be awesome.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Marilyn - this will be awesome! Difficult to work on for you but it's wonderful. I'm teaching a workshop again today - so no time to linger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks so much! I appreciate you recognizing that. I'm hoping to make it a fitting tribute to my boys. I hope you had a fun workshop. I'd love to hear more!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. The workshop was teaching a smaller fabric landscape - ladies could choose what season they wanted to portray and I provided a kit for doing the barn part. So far I've taught 2 classes for my own guild (apparently they have enough interest to do a third class next fall) and have another upcoming for another guild.

      Delete
  3. looking forward to seeing the result - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suz!
      Thanks. I'm hoping it turns out better than I can imagine right now! (wink) I'll surely post updates.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. This is such a wonderful idea, it will be awesome.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks so much! I hope it will be. I'll post updates as I work on it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna