April 22, 2024

The Newlyweds...

Saturday was so wonderful. Handsome and I were invited to witness my great-nephew, Ethan marry his sweetheart, Brianna. They've been together long enough to have three beautiful children together and recently purchased their first home. I know. I'm old-fashioned, but I've been pulling for these kids for a long time! Ethan is my sister, Diana's grandson. His mom is my niece, Stephanie.

I'm so proud of the young man he's become, and I told him so shortly before I took this photograph of them in their receiving line after the ceremony. These smiles were just for me, and I'm honored to share them with you. I have a few more to share, too...

The officiant moved out of position as he pronounced them man and wife, so the photographers could capture their first kiss as newlyweds. By the way, isn't her gown beautiful, and doesn't he look handsome?

 
Their first kiss. 

 

I want you to notice the next two photos in particular. If you look at Brianna's waist, you'll see that's where she pinned her "Something Blue" brooch I created for her. She made a point of showing me she had it on when we spoke in the receiving line.

 
Ethan smiled for my picture here. They had two professional photographers, so I know there will be many more much better pictures than these, but these smiles of Ethan's were for me, and they'll forever be special.
 
I've written about time spent with him in the past on my blog. If you want to see pictures of him growing up, just go to the "Search this blog" area over there in my sidebar -----> and type in "Ethan" to see how he's grown into this handsome husband and dad. You may get an understanding of how much he means to me.
 
I wasn't at their gift opening Sunday afternoon (they didn't have a big get-together. Just his and her immediate family), but I'm sure I'll hear from them when they open their gift from us.

Their family and friends were so happy to witness these two as they begin a long, happy life together. I can't wait to see where the future takes them. All I'm sure of is that they'll be together.

9 comments:

  1. Awww, I teared up just reading about your special relationship and how much their smiles just for you meant to you. It's so lovely to be a part of other's lives, especially family! Wishing many happy blessings to the newlyweds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      He's been a sweetheart all his life, and now he's fulfilled his fondest dream...to be a husband and dad to his beautiful family. He's a great provider and has a level head. I'm so proud of him. Does it show? lol Thanks, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. It Looks like a beautiful wedding with a beautiful couple.
    They look so happy!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I wish I could have invited everyone to come along. It's was a perfect celebration of these two.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Such a lovely couple! Her dress is beautiful and set off perfectly with the pretty blue brooch. Here's to a long happy life together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Her gown was just perfect for her. It was understated and elegant, and I think she looked radiant in it. She was so proud when she pointed out the brooch to me. My heart melted.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to the Happy Couple!
    The bride and brooch are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful, happy couple.
    Her gown is gorgeous.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  6. They make such a beautiful couple! I wish them many, many happy years!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna