April 15, 2024

Monogram Embroidery Complete...

I worked on this all day Sunday and finally completed it. There are no fewer than 24 hours of embroidery time into this monogram, and I did make adjustments along the way. (That means there was some frogging involved in the process.)

MA - I had the same issues with that green, as it did seem out of place for the rest of the colors, so I took your advice. Even though it has a larger roll in the actual bouquet, I only used the yellow/green for French knots (seen here in the curve on the lower right side) for the upper right and lower left curves.

I'm going to frame it today, and then I'll be in the kitchen baking bread. I'll share the photograph of the actual bouquet and the framed wedding monogram on Saturday (their wedding day), so I don't spill the entire surprise before their big day.

I'll be adding listings for "Something Blue" brooches to my Etsy shop this week, and I'm hoping to begin embroidery on a new goldwork piece. I've designed two different Corgi brooches, and am anxious to see if my needlework measures up to my vision.

As I said, it's baking day today, but I'll begin work on something new while Handsome is at rehearsal. Yes, it's Monday, so I know I've got that right this week. lol

14 comments:

  1. It turned out gorgeous Donna.
    Your embroidery is beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much! I'm pretty happy with the results and can't wait to share the framed piece.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Yes! I think that green is much better taking a lesser role overall. Now the first thing I see is your lovely flowers. They are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks for your suggestions. I think they helped make my finished piece a keeper.
      Big Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! I'm sure the young couple will love it. - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy:
      I sure hope so! Thanks so much, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. So very pretty. I’m looking forward to seeing it framed with the bouquet. Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      Thank you, dear. I hope you'll like it as much when it's framed.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Oh, so, lovely! Also nice that you got some good, upfront input to assist you in your process. I can't wait to see the framed piece, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Thank you, dear. I agree. I don't always take the suggestions, but I always think about them. In this case, the suggestions were spot on and I was happy to rework until it was "just right".
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Sherry of createology: Donna Dear this has turned out to be magnificent. It is an heirloom for the wedding couple. My daughter will have her Bridal Heart Brooch for her wedding this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thank you so much! The bride and groom have always appreciated my handcrafted creations, so it was an honor to make this for them. I'm so thrilled that your daughter will wear her gift from you. Both our couples are getting married this weekend! I love that.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  7. It is absolutely beautiful.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna