April 12, 2024

Monogram Embroidery Day Two ...

I actually like photographing my embroidery progress because I can better assess things than when I'm holding it in my hand.

This is where I am so far, and I'm thinking the vine-y bits at the top of the monogram are too heavy-handed, so I'm going to remove those today and re-do them. At this point, they draw my eye away from the more delicate florals and leaves below them. They're not the stars of this piece, so I have to take them down a peg or two.

This represents about twelve hours of embroidering, and I know I have more than a few hours left. I'll frog the vines first, and then proceed with more of my design. 

I work this evening, so my stitching will be done during the day today. I'll share updated progress photos tomorrow. What do you think so far?

7 comments:

  1. I think it looks gorgeous!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry of createology: You do see things clearly when not so close to your hands. If you added the vines too the lower left initial it might balance however I do agree the delicate bouquet is the focal point. Enjoy your day dear…

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the first thing you see is the green at the top when the focus should be on the flowers. However, having said that, perhaps adding more green in the form of leaves around the flowers might help. Now, having said THAT, I think my issue is with that green itself. I think if you used the same green as the monogram it would look better. Just my two cents (once more spent sitting firmly on the fence - AND getting the splinters to go with it!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Your comment was so much fun to read. I go through the same gymnastics when I'm rethinking something. I agree about the color, but believe it or not, it's in the original bouquet! I know, right?! All the subtle, soft colors, and then that grass-green vine-y bit. As I'm trying to mimic the bouquet you've yet to see, I had to use it. I'm looking forward to sharing the finished piece next to the bouquet photo when it's all finished and framed. Now, about that fence-sitting...
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. As always - your works of 'heart' are so beautiful. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bren, dear:
      Thank you so much. It means the world to me coming from you and your exquisite design sense. By the way, I'm still fondling your beautiful fabric lines, waiting for time to create a very special quilt with them. So far, I'm leaning toward your "Grace" quilt pattern as my inspiration. Of course, I still have your Sampler pattern that I really need to do. So many ideas. I need much more time!
      Happy Weekend!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna