April 4, 2024

Ladybug Progress...

 

Yippee! I finally got to sit down and stitch for a while yesterday. I managed to finish the first one, and then make good progress on the second. 

While the felt for the head on the first one was red, I decided it would be better that I do a black background for the black embellishments. I also have used 3mm (tiny) black sequins and black chippings for the spots on the second one. 

Once I release all three from the hoop, I'll add the antennae and complete each one as a small brooch. All three will be available in my shop once they're finished.

I plan another day of stitching today, so I know I'll finish the second one and make good progress on the third. I may even complete that one, as Handsome has band rehearsal tonight. I'll just keep stitching (with little "straighten up and walk around" breaks in between) until he gets back home. 

Stop back tomorrow and you'll be able to see how much I accomplished. If you hear faint giggling, it's just me. This little project is really fun!

7 comments:

  1. The Ladys are too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn!
      We got snow again today, but thankfully it's already melting.
      Hope you're okay by the river.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. It snowed lightly for the last 2 days,
      The day before, we got about 6"
      Yes, it's melting now.
      We're ok, thanks for thinking of us.
      Marilyn

      Delete
  2. Very sweet! You won't have any trouble selling these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just so cute, the first one looks like she is ready for a night on the town.
    And I'm sure the other two will follow her.
    We got about two inches of snow after the three inches of rain Wednesday.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks! They are sparkly. hee hee You got the weather, too? I woke up to snow blowing against the house again Thursday morning and it continued until about 10. Stopped for a bit and started up again. Finally quit around noon and started melting. It's supposed to be in the 50s this weekend. I'll do a happy dance!
      Stay warm!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna