April 29, 2024

April Craft Day...

Last Saturday was our monthly craft day, and we decoupaged and decorated bottles this month. We were asked to bring empty wine bottles, but as I had none and wasn't willing to buy and empty one on short notice (a week), I reserved an extra empty the ladies had brought from yard sales they'd attended.

Half of the ladies chose to paint their bottles first, and then decorate them, but my bottle was so interesting in its own right that I didn't want to hide that under paint. I love how each of their bottles turned out, and the wonderful thing about our group is that we're all so supportive of each other. No competitions here. Just love and admiration.

This is my bottle. I was so taken with the shape. Isn't it interesting? I wondered whether it was a decanter of some sort in its prior life, or just a pretty bottle. Either way, I went with a floral/bee theme. I have a bee charm I'm going to add to the neck, but I haven't done it yet.

I'm going to add a string of battery-operated fairy lights with a plastic stopper with an on/off switch. I'll use that to light up my bottle at night just for fun.

Marie also showed us how to make ribbon brooches. The finished product is beautiful, but getting it there was murder on my hands. Wrap. Secure. Cut. Trim. Floof. Embellish. If you're interested, I'd be happy to show you how they're made in a future post. Just let me know in the comments.


Here's a little closer look at the details on my bottle. I'll add the bee today (now that I've reminded myself) and take one more photo that I'll share along with my other weekend projects when we visit tomorrow.

It's already Monday again. I hope you have a wonderful week, and that you make time for something creative this week. See you tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. A great craft idea!
    All of the bottles are so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It sure was fun! The other bottles were beautiful! I need to contemplate what project I'll choose to lead the group soon.I'm sure I'm rotating in soon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Everyone created such pretty bottles but I have to say I like yours the best (and no, I'm not sucking up!). I love your idea of little fairy lights inside and hope you'll share another picture with it lit up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks, dear. I love how all of them looked, but for our home, I'm not a fan of the painted bottles. I love how the character of the original glass works with the embellishments. I shared a photo of mine lit up for Tuesday, but it doesn't do it justice. I'll try again before it's completed dark outside to see if that makes a difference in how it photographs.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I think the fairy lights is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. The cork on my lights was a little too small for the bottle opening (and it's plastic), so I wrapped it in some of my cork fabric to tighten it in the opening. I think I'll add more so it actually looks like a cork. I do like the way it glows in the room when I light it up!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Your decorated bottle is beautiful. I love the idea of fairy lights inside it. My daughter had bottles with fairy lights on each of the tables and it was enchanting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry:
      I bet a room, filled with lighted bottles is a wondrous sight! How much fun is that? Only having one here casts a lovely glow in that corner of the room. More would be simply enchanting.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. That bottle is beautiful and the added fairy lights will be fun.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna