April 18, 2024

And Now It Begins...

I'm beginning to stitch on my Corgi brooch. First, I'll secured the felt base parts and next I'll proceed to add the actual goldwork components. 

I also framed the wedding monogram this morning. I use beautiful round frames that hold the hoops I use to do the needlework. I have one that's always a working frame, but once the pieces are done, I rehoop my work into a new one for my recipients.

I trimmed the excess fabric around the hoop and then take a running stitch around the edge of the fabric to gather around the back of the hoop and secure all the edges. Then, I cut a piece of felt into a circle and stitch that to the back of the piece. There is no glue involved at all. 

After I remounted the hoop into the frame, I added the backing plate. The final touch was to add a "Brynwood Bridal" label, and then I was finished! As promised before, I'll share photos on Saturday with you.

I also made a batch of cinnamon rolls (now that I've discovered just how simple they are to make). I put lots of cream cheese frosting on them, and add a container of frosting to go with the rolls I shared. They. Are. So. Good! I know I'll be sharing more with friends in the future.

I'll do more needlework today, so I'll make sure I take photos to show you how much I manage to accomplish. See you tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. The Corgi is going to be so sparkly!
    Mmmmm, those rolls look delicious.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'm looking forward to adding the "sparkle". I wish I could share the rolls. They're not so good for my hips. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I'm so looking forward to seeing your new project as it evolves.
    And how I wish computers had smell-o-vision because I know those rolls must have smelled heavenly when they were baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I'll definitely share progress photos soon. The whole farmhouse smelled heavenly! Happy Friday, dear!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Your cinnamon rolls look delicious!
    The corgi is progressing well. I can see a beautiful brooch there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eileen:
      Thanks so much! If people are interested, I'll happily share the recipe for them. They're soooo easy to make. I should have more Corgi brooch photos to share on Monday.
      Happy Weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Those cinnamon rolls-yummy!! The Corgi brooch is going to be wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Sherri!
      Hope you're doing well in your new place. I love seeing your gardening photos.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Yes, those cinnamon rolls look very tasty. The corgi brooch is looking super cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danice:
      Thanks so much! I wish I could share the rolls with everyone. They're so good.
      I'll be working on the brooch more this weekend. Updates soon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna