April 11, 2024

Getting Started...


I contacted my niece (mom of the groom-to-be) to see if she knew what the colors would be in the bride's bouquet. She actually sent a photograph of what they've chosen, so I could pull colors to begin my embroidery. Some of these threads are silks, and the rest are cotton. There are also some embellishments I may or may not use. I'll decide once I get the needlework finished. 

I'd love to show you the photograph of the bouquet, but I can't do that at this point. I don't want to ruin the surprise for the wedding couple. I will share it with you later, after the piece is done - or after the wedding. Wouldn't it be best to show the bride carrying it? I think so, too.

After all the colors were selected, I pulled a beautiful piece of white linen as my ground fabric. It's actually a tight weave, but I've enlarged this to show the beginning of my embroidery work, so it looks more open than it actually is.

You know what I'll be doing all day today (while I also run back and forth to the washing machine and dryer...laundry day). We'll see just how much progress I can make. I don't work again until Friday evening, so I have a lot of time to sit and stitch. I want to make some good headway so you can get a feel for the finished piece. I'll have more to show you tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. Your stitches are gorgeous!
    Can't wait to see the completed piece.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks, dear! More progress in tomorrow's post.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colours to work from so can't help but be a beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks. I want this to be extra special for them. More tomorrow.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: This will be a stunning wedding gift. It will be Heirloom quality with your stitching dear. Creative Bliss…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I love that the bride really appreciates my embroideries, too. I love the idea that it will become a treasured heirloom. Thank you, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Lovely colors! Can't wait to see your next completed piece of artwork! Your little, perfect stitches are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      They really chose a soft, beautiful color palette. I'm enjoying the process, and working toward perfection. Thank you, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna