April 23, 2024

Friday Evening Concert...

I attended the most delightful concert on Friday evening last. This was the Spring Concert for the Fond du Lac Symphonic Band. Handsome is sitting at the drum set for this particular piece, so he's not as visible in the back as he'd be were he standing. 

Handsome asked me to photograph the percussion section for this concert. L-R: John Neville, Dr. Don Steward, Victoria Essan, Emily Leclerc, Amanda Courtemanche and my heartbeat, Stephen. They worked hard the entire concert and had memorable performances throughout the evening.

The soloist for the evening was Petronel Malan, an amazing pianist - originally from South Africa - performing Gershwin's Concerto #4. I photographed her here with the band's music director, Dr. Evan Chancellor. Her performance was truly breathtaking.

Of course, we did the scrapbook photograph of the Liljegrens with Petronel, and she joined the band for their end of season gathering at a local restaurant afterward.

After Handsome and I returned home, we talked about the concert - as we always do. He asked me what my favorite pieces were, and I told him that honestly, they were all wonderful! Here's the program, in case you're interested...

 

Handsome has off now until rehearsals begin again in June for the summer concerts in the park. I always look forward to seeing all our talented friends and listening to them (and Handsome) make beautiful music. There's nothing quite like those warm summer evenings, sitting on lawn chairs with friends, and watching everyone perform. Soon!


6 comments:

  1. I bet it was fantastic!
    How special that you got to meet the Soloist.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It really was! The entire band was at their peak performance that evening, and it was a wonderful musical experience.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Handsome does indeed look handsome! I'll bet it was a wonderful concert (and no mosquitoes in sight).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      He cleans up nice, doesn't he? I love when he wears a tux, too. You're so right. Not a single mosquito! Bonus.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Wow! Handsome is handsome. What a great photo of the three of you.
    Looks like a wonderful time.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      He hated it when I chose that as his moniker for my blog, but he couldn't come up with a suitable substitution. lol I always treasure these photos...special moments in our lives. (In fact, I've written about that in my next post.) We did have fun.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna