April 10, 2024

Here's What's Next...

I see flowers in my future. Lots of flowers, for a wedding monogram I'm going to start today. If you've been to my Etsy shop, you've seen the "B" framed piece used as an example of wedding pieces that you can commission me to stitch. This is going to be similar to that. 

The flowers in this first photograph are not my work. They're from the book that I use for the monogram shapes. Aren't they pretty, though?


This is a portion of the piece I'll be doing. It's actually the letter "N", and most of the flowers on the pattern are irrelevant to me, as I'll mostly use my own flowers to coordinate with the bride's bouquet. That's a bit tricky in this case, as I have no idea what the bride intends to carry. 

When I'm not sure exactly what flowers to use, I default to the wedding invitation for an idea of the bride's taste. As this is for my great-nephew's wedding, I'm going to contact his mom today to see if she can at least advise me of what colors will be in the bouquet. Once I know that, this piece could be anything from tones of white and cream, to wintry or spring colors. 

Today I'll begin by preparing the fabric (linen), and transferring the basics of the design onto it. Once I have the conversation about colors, I'll pull silk threads for this piece, and begin stitching by lunchtime.

I enjoy doing these monograms, so I know it's going to be fun, especially since it's for a couple I know and love. I'll share more information about it tomorrow. I intend to add a few symbolic touches to this piece, too, which I'll explain later.

I guess I'd better make that phone call so I can get started on this. See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Whatever you make, it will be beautiful!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Marilyn:
      You're so sweet to say so. Thanks so much, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I can hear the excitement in your 'voice' over this new creation. Can't wait to see what you do and I already know the recipients will be thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I am excited about this piece. I love doing the embroidered floral monograms. Thank you so much!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Whatever the colors, it will be stunning.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I'm sharing the colors in my Thursday post. They've opted for beautiful blushes and naturals. It's going to be so pretty! Thanks for the vote of confidence.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna