April 20, 2024

Ta Daaa!...

I want to begin this post by sharing the photograph I received of the bride's bouquet. My niece told me that the bouquet will look exactly like this one. It's silks, so I trusted her assessment. Isn't it gorgeous? My task was to try to create a finished embroidery equal to this bouquet. As you know, that bit hanging from the bottom was a bit vexing, but I think MA and I came up with the solution.

 
I took this photograph in daylight once it was complete and framed.  I stretched into a new hoop and then secured the back, covering it with a beautiful blue felt and the frame backer. This is a closeup of all my stitches.
 
 
This is the photograph I'll be using as one of the images for a listing in my etsy shop for future embroideries. It also shows you just how perfect the frame is for the monogram. 

I sure hope my nephew and his bride love the finished piece. I'll get photos of the newlyweds later today to share next week. Time to go. I'm off to a wedding!
 

12 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous!
    Oh, I'm positive they will love it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Marilyn. Their wedding was perfect, and I'm so glad we could attend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Donna, where do you get your frames? It’s beautiful, as are your stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you search "round hoop frames" on Etsy, you'll find many great suppliers. Mine are probably the most expensive, though. I purchase them through a company called ACMS (also on Etsy).
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful!! Everytime she looks at it, she will be reminded of her special day and beautiful wedding bouquet! What a wonderful gift! Have a lovely day of celebrating the new husband and wife!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I pretty sure you're right, dear. Thanks so much. The wedding was perfect. My eyes started leaking as soon as I saw him walking his mom down the aisle. I hadn't thought to bring a hankie, so I had to borrow Handsome's, and I was dabbing my eyes until we sat down to eat our meal! It's was the best day.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Absolutely stunning Donna! You should be so proud and I know the bride and groom will be honoured to have it on display in their home. Well done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear MA. I know I'll see it hanging up next time I go to their home. It was a perfect day for a wedding, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. So pretty! The color combination is gorgeous. Your stitches are perfect as always. Andrea Hickman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Andrea. I wanted it to be perfect for them. I know I'll get a phone call soon from them. My heart is full.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Beyond words. Just stunning as always.
    Have a wonderful time today.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thank you, dear. I really enjoyed creating it for them. We had the best day watching them together, surrounded by friends and family. They're perfect for each other.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna