July 7, 2023

Making Art…


 

I’m at my youngest sister, Jan’s as I write my post. I’ve been here since Wednesday after leaving Larsen and the Sewcial Sisters. 

I’m leaving later this morning to go back home, but I wanted you to see what I created when we played in her studio yesterday. 

The prompt for this project was to paint bubbles. I decided to (try to) make mine look like they were in water. I called this one “Seafoam”.


Jan’s prompt for my second piece was “Invisible Friend”. She came up with this fun faerie idea looking into a secret world. This was my version. I named my piece “Nebula”. (Yes. I’m a Guardians of the Galaxy fan.)  

We’ve had a great time together, and we’re already planning to do this again soon. I enjoyed my wee vacation, but I’m looking forward to being back home. Time to drive. See you tomorrow. 

8 comments:

  1. Great projects!
    glad you had a fun, wee vacation.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks, dear! It's always fun trying something new (at least, for me).
      Have a great weekend, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Good grief, are you outstanding at everything you do?! 😉 Jan must be a fine teacher! (And who can blame you for being a Guardians fan.. that Star Lord is such a handsome devil 😄).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Oh, honey. Far from it. (Everything looks better from a distance!) lol I will agree, though that Jan is indeed a fine teacher. I also agree that Star Lord is one handsome guy. (giggle)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Looks like you and your sister had a wonderful time...and creative too. I don't think painting bubbles is easy, but what do I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      We did have fun! She has a brand new craft cottage being delivered this month, and I can't wait to share what she does with it with you. I'm so excited for her! This was my first attempt at bubbles, but I'm definitely going to do this project again to perfect my technique. I don't think it was easy either. It was really hard not to overwork the project, so I finally decided to call this one "done", and will come at a new piece another time...when I don't have a full, long list of needlework projects I want to do. lol
      Thanks so much, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: You and Jan have so much fun creating art. Your bubbles are wonderful. Love the Fairy in Nebula. Being creative in so many genres is quite relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      We had a grand time. I enjoy every minute I spend with my sisters, and Jan and I have always had shared creative interests. Thanks for being so kind. I LOVED your donkey, by the way!! Happy weekend, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna