July 15, 2023

A Very Good Friday...

 
The last time I went to the grocery store, there were bags and bags of Door County cherries in the produce section. I couldn't resist picking up a bag to bring home. Yesterday I turned one cup of them (and white chocolate chips) into beautiful scones. I just used my basic scone recipe and added the cherries and chips. I think they turned out delicious, and no one who ate them turned up their nose. I'd definitely make them again.

We planned a family pizza party before Handsome's brother flies home today, so I wanted to have a little something different for dessert. Pizza and scones may not seem like a perfect pairing, but it worked. 
 
Grandson helped me assemble pizzas in the kitchen, so we made one with Canadian bacon and pineapple on most of it. One row was an experiment at the prompting of my sisters, so we had what turned out to be very tasty cheese and sauerkraut section. The other pizza was our standard sausage, mushroom, green pepper, onion, and black olives.

There's really nothing better than great conversation with family over good food. It was a perfect night, and this was one happy Grandma and Grandpa to have our grandson here to join us. We can't wait to do it again.

I'm going to set up a new brooch embroidery today. When you see it, you'll wonder what took me so long! I'll share more on Monday. For now, I'm going to put my feet up with a nice morning cuppa. Happy Weekend, friends. Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun time.
    Those scones look delicious!
    Can't wait to see your next project.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      They were good. I used a basic scone recipe (happy to share), and added the cherries and white chocolate chips. I'm definitely making them again. Our weekend was lovely, and I'm looking forward to the week ahead.
      Big hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Oh yum! Those scones look so good. And even better to be able to share them with family. And now you have us all curious about what your next project will be. I wonder...might it be an acorn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks. It was the best way to eat them - with our son, grandson, Handsome and brother-in-law. You guessed it! I'm going to make an acorn brooch next.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Sandi:
      Thanks! We really enjoyed them. Happy to share a recipe if you're interested. Thanks for the comment, too!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Family gathering, pizza and scones sounds like a perfect combination, extra black olives please.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      You and Handsome. He's a big fan of black olives, too. I can take them or leave them, so they always end up on ours. Apparently, brother-in-law doesn't like them. He looked like a little kid picking them off his pieces. lol Hope you had a good weekend, and all the best this week.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna