July 17, 2023

Hearts and Acorns...

 
I've been waiting for an order to arrive with rose gold swords for my Immaculate Heart. When they arrived, I was not happy with the finish. It looks more coppery with my lavender pink kid leather. I'll be changing it out for a silver one today, and then I'll list them for sale in my Etsy shop.

My next project - you guessed it, MA! - is an acorn brooch. I'm going to use suede as the base, and I've pulled possibilities for the embellishments, too. I've chosen colors from gold/gilt to deep chocolates, and will begin work on it later today. 

Tag will be here to visit with you tomorrow, and I'll show you my Acorn Brooch progress on Wednesday. Another week, and we're on our way again. What do you have planned?

8 comments:

  1. Great projects.
    Can't wait to see the Acorn!
    Washing windows today!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It was a perfect day to wash windows. Handsome and I did a little yard work, and I spent a little time in the studio. So glad you had a good day, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Oooh - I'm good!! Normally I have NO clue what anyone has planned (hmm....maybe I should buy a lottery ticket!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I'm a sucker for a lottery ticket now and then. Winning more than a dollar at a time would be nice. Congratulations on guessing. Wish I had a prize for you. lol More photos on Wednesday.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Oh the acorn sounds fabulous.
    Lots of errands this week.
    I could use a break from the rain and humidity, but still a great week no matter what.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley;
      We're had very little rain this spring/summer. A rainfall these days is a cause for celebration. I'll share more acorn photos tomorrow. Hope you have a great week!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. I do love the brooches.Looking forward to seeing acorns. This week is shaping up,having a stair lift fitted tomorrow, hated giving in to the arthritic knees but better safe than sorry. Have a torn hamstring too just to add to the equation, physio for that Thursday what fun..But still above ground and for that I'm so so grateful. No matter what I'm still meeting the girlfriends on Friday,come rain or shine.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ps ,Laura....not anonymous. X

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna