July 3, 2023

Gilded Sacred Heart...

 
I'm finished with the goldwork on my Sacred Heart - all in goldtones this time - but can't turn it into a brooch until I complete the Immaculate Heart. If I cut out the gold one, I won't have enough fabric to support the other one in my hoop. 
 
Once they're both finished I'll turn them into brooches and make them available to purchase. I'm never sure which is my favorite, but I really enjoy making them. I actually have an idea for a future project along this line, but as I've said, I have a special commission that will be up after I finish the Sacred Heart here.

I'm going to finish these today, and after Tag's post tomorrow, I'll share the special commission idea I'll be doing next. If you're still off for the Independence Day holiday, enjoy another day of family and friends. 
 

Today marks three years since Dad's passing. It seems like a lifetime and just yesterday all at once. So many times I've wanted to pick up the phone to call him. How I'd love to see his nostrils flare as a smile crosses his face, and to hear his laughter one more time. I miss you, Dad. Until we're together again...

4 comments:

  1. So very pretty.
    I'm the same as you.....I fell like Mom passed just yesterday, but it will be 31 years this year.
    And I still want to call her. Miss her terribly.
    ((((((HUGS))))))
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry of createology: Your Sacred Hearts are so very lovely dear. The most special people in our lives are the ones we miss the most. Happy and Safe Fourth of July. It was 108F yesterday with 110F predicted for today. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sacred Hearts are perfect!
    It's hard to miss someone that's passed on, but I'm certain they know you're thinking about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sacred Hearts are beautiful.
    I feel the say way you do, seems like forever and then just yesterday, it's been 15 years.
    Enjoy the week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna