July 14, 2023

Belle's Dragon Brooch...

 
I contacted my goldwork teacher, Clara and asked what she thought about my face dilemma. She suggested I just change out the eye and nostril to give them more contrast. Of course! Sometimes the simplest solution is that last one we think of. I switched out the black smooth purl for gold and it was just the thing I needed to do.

The brooch is now complete and is ready to go to its new owner when I go back to this month's Craft Day. I'm pretty sure Belle will love it. I know I do.

If you'd like to see how this piece sparkles, you can click HERE to see the short video I posted through Instagram. I'd love to know what you think.

8 comments:

  1. It turned out awesome!
    In the video, you can see how well it sparkles.
    Congrats on your successful endeavor, she will love it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much. I'm glad the sparkles showed up in the video, as it's nearly impossible for me to capture that in a still photo.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Well done!!! Belle is going to be thrilled I know. Even more so when it's her original design too. My Ellyron is sending along a 'well done' too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks so much to you and Ellyron! I think Belle will like seeing what became of her drawing, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Oh my! It's enchanting! 😉 Good decision and very nicely done...Belle should be so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Thank you so much, dear. I can't wait to share it with her!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. There are no words! Belle will be so excited that this is from her drawing.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Shirley! I'm excited with how it turned out, too. She'll see it in a week or so.
      Hope your weekend is lovely, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna