July 25, 2023

Tuesdays With Tag - Not Again!...

 Hi, Everybody!

Well, boys and girls. It happened again. Dog Baths! This time, Mom and Dad decided to put a little spin on the program. Mom pulled a laundry sink on legs out of the garage and set it up on the grass. She or Dad stuck Carly into it first, Bella next, and yours truly last into the contraption. 

Each in turn, we ended up havin' our natural "aura" masked by some girly-smellin', bubblin' concoction that Mom and Dad thinks smells good. None of us were safe, and the best we could do to retaliate was to wait until Mom had us good and wet, with lots of shampoo on our fur. Perfect timin' for a good, unexpected shake!! So, shake we did.

I will say, I did enjoy the pamperin' session, and afterward I got to run around in the grass, and then roll around on my favorite dryin' towel. Dad laughed, sayin' I was all fluffy and blurry.

 
Yesterday, Dad took each of us over to the huge hay bale and lifted us onto the top of it. The height was perfect for him to brush all the loose fur out of our coats. We might have to buy one from our farmer friend to use as a groomin' station!

 
Mom managed to get a few sneaky pictures of Dad brushin' Bella, all the while he was sweet-talkin' her. Of course, she loves the one-on-one attention from her favorite guy.

 
Even though Bella is healed from her accident a number of years ago, Dad still picks her up to place her on the ground, rather than allow her to jump. He doesn't want her to reinjure herself. That would really break his heart to see her in pain again. So, he just avoids situations where she would have to jump off somethin' - and these bales are about forty inches high. Better safe than sorry.

 
Once the brushin' is done, whoever was subjected to it is free to run around a bit. Bella, bein' the stately gal she is, just walked along with Dad while he continued to talk to her. Mom said she loves bein' the proverbial "fly on the wall" so she can hear some of it without Dad knowin'. He says, "I don't kiss no Labradors", but she's caught him doin' it, so there's that, too.
 
Carly got a brushin' next, and yes. I was unable to avoid the same fate. I can say that I'm lookin' like a cool dude now, with an orderly "do" instead of my usual "devil-may-care" appearance. And, yes. I smell like a dandy now, too. Oh, well. There's always the dream of a local cow pie that I might be able to investigate. Unfortunately, Mom doesn't let me out of her sight much these days, so I may just have to resort to a gift from the raccoons or squirrels. Yes. That would do nicely. 

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Be A Good Dog."

8 comments:

  1. Oh Tag, I bet you are all floofy now!
    And smell good too.
    I bet the bath felt good in this heat for all of you.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      Floofy and sheddin'. Well, about this smell...snort. The bath did feel good, but I sure don't want to make a habit of it. Mom could get us a kiddie pool. That would be fun!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Ah Tag - I'm sure, even though you don't want to admit it, that you feel a whole lot cooler now you're all clean and brushed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      You're right. I hate to admit it, but I'm feelin' pretty good about now.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Tag, I bet you smelled so good after your pampering session!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherri:
      I think one man's good is another man's (or corgi's) not-so-much. Mom says it makes it easier to be around me, and as I love the attention, I guess it's the price I've gotta pay.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Regal, dignified and just too darn handsome are what first came to my mind.
    Don't worry it won't take long for the devil may care look to reappear.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Shirley:
      I sure do like the way you think! Trust me, I'm workin' on that now - even in my sleep!
      Big Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna