July 1, 2023

Gold Sacret Heart WIP...

 
After tending the garden, pulling weeds and such, I came back to my studio to work on these two hearts that I set aside after beginning the goldwork bird class with Clara. 
 
I began with the gold heart, and even though the flames look like they have a pink tinge, they are gold. I wanted to do this entire piece in gold this time. This one will be a Sacred Heart, and I have the crown of thorns yet to stitch. I think I'll do this one a little differently than the first one I did, but I'm not settled on the technique yet. I'll figure it out over the weekend. 

Once I finish that, I'll turn my attention to the pink one, which will be another Immaculate Heart, with the sword and roses.

I still haven't worked out the Most Chaste Heart yet, but I will do that one before the summer is over. I do have another goldwork project in line before that one, though, and I'll share it with you next week.

I do hope you have a restful weekend, spending the time doing something fun with someone you love. That's exactly what Handsome and I have planned. Thank you for all your healing thoughts for him. He's still in a lot of discomfort, but we're hoping he'll feel better by the day. In the meantime, we'll just take it easy, and I'll give him lots of TLC. Stay safe out there!

10 comments:

  1. The hearts are beautiful.
    I hope Handsome feels better soon.
    The smoke was bad here on Tuesday & yesterday, even kind of eerie outside.
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      He's feeling much better today. I've been tending his surgery site, and giving him lots of TLC. I'm pretty sure it's helping. I agree, the smoke hiding the sun has been disconcerting. I'll be glad when the fires are under control and our days get back to normal. I hope you're having a nice weekend, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Your hearts always turn out so beautifully. Sending further healing thoughts to Handsome. I'm sure he is getting lots of care from you and special lovin' from the four legged members of the family too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thank you so much! Handsome's feeling better today, and I've been giving him extra attention. I'm sure he'll be thrilled when his staples come out in ten days. (I will, too!)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Lovely Hearts. They are so smooth and plump. A restful weekend sounds just right. It is triple digits here so nothing outside for me. Thank goodness hubby planned ahead and got a new air conditioning system in January. We cannot live in the desert without A/C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thank you, dear. I love working with kid leather for some of these bits. The effect is so different. I can't imagine that heat without a/c. As we only have (as yet uninstalled) window units, we'd be thoroughly miserable. Glad you're able to stay cool.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Ugh. I'm sorry to hear your hubby still has such discomfort from his procedure. Prayers for continued healing and to feel better soon! Enjoy a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Thanks so much. He's doing much better today, and I was able to finally see and tend to his surgery site (it's on his head). He's getting better, and we'll both be glad when his staples come out in ten days. Not soon enough for his liking!
      I hope you have a great week, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Those hearts are always so beautiful.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thank you so much! We've had a restful weekend and spent time with friends. Hard to believe we're already over halfway through this year. Time sure flies! Best wishes to you, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna