July 29, 2023

First Harvest...

I must say first that first harvest isn't taking into account the lettuce, onions and radishes we've already enjoyed. They're cool weather, fast-growing crops which we'll replant at the end of the season to enjoy late into the fall.

This is the first harvest of tomatoes and peppers from our garden, and they're absolutely beautiful. Roma tomatoes will become pizza sauce. The peppers will be added to the Early Girl tomatoes when they're ready for spaghetti sauce. It looks like those will wait until after the class reunion next week, and then I'll be in full canning mode.

These were so beautiful, I just had to share. I think I see caprese salad in our near future. After all, I need to make sure they're as tasty as beautiful, right?

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm - definitely a salad! These look so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      These tomatoes are soooo much more flavorful than store tomatoes. There's such a difference when they ripen on the vine. Wish you could enjoy them with me.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Throw in a cucumber and that's my salad through the summer.
    Picture perfect.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Oh, yes. Or my favorite summer sandwich - homemade bread spread with Duke's Mayonnaise, slices of tomato, sprinkles of black pepper and fresh-sliced cheddar cheese. mmm mmm
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Your veggies look so healthy & delicious!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I can see (and taste) that I'll continue to garden for many more summers. This is so satisfying!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna