July 27, 2023

Family Night Concert In The Park...

I did work in my studio yesterday - and actually accomplished quite a bit - even though there was no needle dancing. I'm working on something new for the shop, and it's taking a lot of concentration and time, but I know I'll get there. The concert last night was a welcomed diversion.

While it was pouring rain when I left home, the weather cleared off by the time I'd driven the thirteen or fourteen miles to the concert. Once there, the sun came out as the band started to play.

A good wife takes the all-important closeup of her dear husband...and we know I'm a good wife! I can always spot him in a crowd. 


It was family night, so in addition to the invitation for children and adults to dance, there was a teddy bear parade. The backdrop of a setting sun behind a sky filled with clouds and those sweet kids marching is my image for the day.

It's hot right now, but I always remind myself that compared to the Florida heat we lived in for fourteen years, this is nothing. Of course there the house had central air. Here. Not so much. We have all the ceiling fans running and windows open to carry the breeze though the farmhouse. We do have window air conditioners, but they're in the attic and truthfully, it's not as easy to bring them downstairs as it used to be. If it gets unbearable - which so far, it's not - I can always sleep on the porch with the girls! All I need is a mosquito net.

I'll be back in the studio today. More work on my pdf files. I'll remind myself to drink lots of water while I work. That should do the trick! 

8 comments:

  1. The concert looks like fun.
    I can see handsome! He's so tall!
    Can't wait to see your new project.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It was a really nice, family concert, and you're right. 6'5". Hard to lose my guy in a crowd. I'm having a hard time getting to my project right now. Still things to do for our class reunion on August 4-5th. Hopefully soon!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. That seems like such a perfect summer evening! I wish you well on your endeavors today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I'm having a hard time getting to my own stuff right now. Reunion is only a week away and (as the chairman for the reunion committee), I still have things to do. argh!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Glad the weather ended up cooperating! Hopefully the mosquitoes did too. I hear you about the heat - here we have a portable a/c unit in the living room but the rest of our place only has ceiling fans and we also have three tower fans that we move around according to where we are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Yes, dear. You home and ours are similar right now...fans going in all rooms. I wish we could bank this for about January some time. A little cooler would be nice.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Looks like such a wonderful evening and the weather was timed just right.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Right! No rain in town, and the bugs were minimal, too. A lovely night all around.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna