July 11, 2023

Tuesdays With Tag - Well, This Is Unfortunate...

 
Hi, Everybody!
Greetings and an update from the sick ward at Hickory Hill Farm.
 
Mom got home from Aunty Jan's on Friday, only to be greeted by this bumpy mug. It popped up suddenly, and lucky for everybody, we were able to get to the vet Friday afternoon. At first, Mom thought I might have a bee sting, but once she looked closer, she figured it was an abscess and not a sting. She was right.
 
I had a dental appointment (oh, yippee!) just a couple months ago, and Dr. Marti said I had two loose molars. She doesn't like to remove them unless she has to because they're important to interact with my other teeth. That bein' said, I apparently have an infection in one of those loose buggers.
 
After she administered some doggy happy juice, she examined my teeth and did a little cleanup (again) and flushin', she sent me home on antibiotics and pain killers. I pretty much drooled all weekend.

I still have a bump, but it seems to be goin' down a little. I'm supposed to see her again in a couple weeks if this stays the same (or diminishes and returns) and we'll revisit the extraction issue. Don't worry. I can still eat my meals and treats - even if Mom has to soften them up a bit. 

For now, I'm takin' it easy and milkin' the attention for all I'm worth. I'll let you know how it's goin' next week. Cross your paws, 'cuz I'd just as soon not lose any more teeth. Sorry if I'm not too funny today. I know you understand, but I promise to do better next time.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Be A Good Dog."

8 comments:

  1. Oh Tag, I hope it's nothing serious.
    Sorry you have to lose some teeth.
    Take care buddy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      Thanks so much. It's gonna mess up my whistle for sure if the vet takes another tooth. We'll see.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. awww Tag, I'm so sorry! It looks so sore - hope the meds work fast and you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      I'm still lumpy. Rats! Maybe tomorrow will be better. Thanks for the sympathy. I really lap that up!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Og Tag Dear…there is nothing funny about teeth pain and issues. Hopefully you will get better with the antibiotics. I shall pray you don’t need any extractions. Enjoy your attention my little Corgi Cutie. Soft Smooches…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      The only bright side I can see is that I hear they say "Abscess makes the heart grow fonder". We'll have to see about that. I'd like to keep that tooth, too, but I'm not enjoyin' the bump. Ugh
      Smooches right back!
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Oh Sweet Pea, I'm so sorry for the mouth pain. Any kind of pain just takes the wind out of your sails. I'm hoping the antibiotics are helping. I know you are getting lots of extra attention and that always helps a bit. I hope you have much better news next week. Hugs and smooches sweet boy, you are in my thoughts.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Shirley:
      Thanks so much! I'm not a fan of the pain or bump part. I'm stickin' close to Mom, for sure. The antibiotics have me feelin' a little dopey, but it's better than the sore stuff I had before. Hopin' to keep my tooth. I really don't want to look like a Hillbilly Corgi.
      Hugs and Smooches to you, too.
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna