July 13, 2023

Latest Brooch Update...

 
Analyzing a photograph always helps me decide if I'm happy with elements of my design. I happened to take this one late last night after stitching most of the day (with the exception of going for my hair appointment). 

I thought the blue check purls might be nice with the leather I used, but now I'm not sure if it's too dark. I'm going to have to sit down with a critical eye to decide if I'm going to cut those out and try something more in the green family. 

I know if I decide to take it out, it's going to take a while, but that shouldn't be my deciding factor. You'll get to see what I decide tomorrow. Back to the needlework stand.

6 comments:

  1. Oh - horrors! Having to remove those elements isn't going to be the least bit fun. But if you're not happy with it, you already know what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I contacted my goldwork teacher and asked her opinion. Rather than remove all the chippings, she suggested I change the eye and nostril. (Well, duh!) I did that and love it now.
      Thanks!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. It will be amazing no matter what you decide.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I got it fixed with a little guidance. Can't wait to share this finish with you!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Great start!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna