January 31, 2023

Tuesdays With Tag - It's Cold In These Parts...

 
Hi, Everybody!
 
Look! The sun is shinin'! I'm not exaggeratin' when I say it seems like forever since we've seen the sun. Even when it's cold outside - and it is cold outside - havin' the sun shinin' onto a strategic rug in the back hallway really can warm up a guy's bones.

We had quite the romp outside yesterday, but Mom insisted on takin' a couple pictures. Truthfully, it was all I could do to sit still for a little while. I was afraid my privates were gonna freeze to the ground! Thankfully, when all was done, I managed to make it back to the house with all my important parts intact.

 
Of course, Mom also wanted a photo of Bella Dog to send to Dad and to share with you. Even though she's had a couple of brain farts, it seems that most of her aggression is on the way out of her head. We still can't be loose together in the house, but it would seem that bein' outside and runnin' around together is just peachy with her. Go figure. Either way, Mom's bein' extra careful to make sure neither of us does damage to the other.

 
While we were out runnin' around, Mom notice something interestin' in the east field. Looks like somethin' has been makin' regular treks from the treeline in front of our house to the pine trees over yonder.

 
Here's a zoom into what I'm talkin' about. I'm sure if Mom walked over to the head of the trail she'd be able to tell whether it's coyotes or deer, but she said it was too cold to look. Maybe it will be better tomorrow and she'll take a little hike. We'd gladly hike over there with her, but we're fast, and by the time she got there, we probably would corrupt the tracks.

I can tolerate some of this cold weather because of my luxurious coat, but Bella is freezin' her keester off. She ends up standin' by the back door with one paw or the other lifted off the ground. Mom knows it's time to put her back in the house right away so she doesn't get frostbite. Me? I'm good. Even so, we hope it warms up again soon. 70º would be good right about now, thanks. Who can I call about that?

Mom is still workin' on her booth stuff, but she's promised we're goin' on an adventure after the show is over. I don't really care where we go as long as it involves a ride in her Explorer. Dogs Love Trucks (or SUVs or rides of any kind)! She can just give us treats until then and we'll be good to go.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Be A Good Dog."

11 comments:

  1. It' cold here too Tag, -9 right now!
    Glad you had fun outside & that you came back in with all your important parts. :)
    I'm sure Mom is being extra cautious when she sees those tracks to keep you & Bella safe.
    I;m sure Mom has a great adventure planned for you & Bella.
    Have fun!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      You're right. Mom will make sure whatever it is doesn't hurt us. She's real careful that way. It was cold again today, so we didn't stay out very long. Whatever the adventure is, I sure hope it involves somethin' warm! Stay safe.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Brrrr - I wouldn't want to have to park my keester on the cold ground either Tag - ouch.
    You're so lucky that road trips are good for you - our poor Odin didn't cope well with car rides and always, without fail, threw up (usually more than once). Can't tell you how many thrifted sleeping bags we simply tossed after he 'anointed' them. Even giving him Gravol didn't help. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      I feel bad that Odin puked in the car. I feel bad for you, too, havin' to clean it up. Nothin' worse. Lucky for us, Mom and Dad got us accustomed to ridin' in vehicles when we were little (along with pool-proofin' us in Florida), so we didn't have the problem. I'm tellin' ya, Mom has a weak stomach. Stuff like that starts up, and she'll join right in. Gross! We definitely feel for you.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
    2. We took Odin when he was a wee puppy but he still 'anointed' the car, even then. He always wanted to come with us but then he discovered that it wasn't as much fun as he had thought. He had problems with glaucoma and lost one eye and then promptly got it in the other eye. He was only 4 and we still grieve.

      Delete
  3. Oh Tag, I hope it warms up for all of you soon! A ride in the car sounds just like what you, Bella and your Mom need. Much warmer too then a hike right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      About now, Mom would love to pack us all up and drive right to Florida! Hikin' is the last thing on her mind when it's this cold. Even when she bundles up, her feet get cold. Bella and I can relate, too. Big hugs and thanks for visitin' today.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Good Freezing Morning Tag. It is only 22F here at almost 10AM. Brrrrr. I have to go outside and I don’t want to. Me and cold do not get along…I have no fur like you. Sitting on snow…I don’t think so. You are very lucky your privates didn’t get stuck. Warmer days ahead dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      You're right. Mom tells stories about how stoopid people stick their tongues on metal stuff and get stuck. Then someone has to come and rescue them. Glad that wasn't the case with my family jewels! (Don't laugh. Well, it's okay if you do.) Not many people have as luxurious a coat as I do, so I understand how you'd rather stay inside. The wind picks up and Mom just stands and coughs. We hustle right back inside. You stay warm, too. Seems we're not the only ones livin' in a huge freezer right now.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  5. Good Morning WMHC. Your freezing weather is headed in my direction for the start of the weekend. Nothing like a ride in an Explorer, I love mine. So glad you made it back inside
    with all the important parts intact, that could have been a close one. Looking forward to hearing what the tracks are.
    See you in seven.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Shirley:
      Mom loves her Explorer as much as we do. Glad to hear you've got one, too! Yup. I did a quick check back there before we headed inside to make sure it was all followin' me into the house. Wouldn't want to lose anythin'! She's gonna check those tracks as soon as this bad weather breaks. Maybe by the weekend, she said. You stay warm. This cold is nothin' to fool around with.
      Big Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna