January 14, 2023

Playing With An Idea...

 
I have these beautiful sheets of printed vinyl that I'd like to use to make something for my booth in February. I'd like to create something inexpensive, but useful...and of course, still quality. This is a prototype of an idea. I'm calling it the Brynwood Cutie Pie Key and Cash Carrier.

 
The hardware doesn't match on this one, and I'd like to line the inside. I'm still working on that part. I might need to take a quick trip to HobLob this morning to see if they have something - not cork - that might work. Perhaps a solid color fusible vinyl would work? What do you think of the concept?

Wait until you see the other three prints I have. They're so cute! Tomorrow's going to be crazy busy, so I'll have to get them done today.I'll work on this a bit more and share what I come up with on Monday.
 

14 comments:

  1. So cute! Also perfect to slip a gift card in. Like the house key and Starbucks gift card for a nice walk to grab a cuppa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for your comment. I think that promoting them as gift card/key holders will help sell them, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I like it! I'm sure these would sell really well and would also work for giving a gift card inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks! I'm thinking that if I keep them as is, I can keep the price point lower, too. So, at least for now, I'm not going to line them.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. LOL! I'm laughing to myself because I can't get over that while up to your eyeballs in projects and deadlines, you continue to come up with new and wonderful ideas! I think it might be the "curse" of the creative mind. (-: Please be careful tomorrow and in the following days while relocating your studio and furnishings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      We call it the "Creative Imperative" around here. Once it's out of my head, I can move on to other things. Sharing photos of the larger studio space Wednesday.
      Thanks so much!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Very cute! Perfect for holding a card or two and maybe a little paper money. Slips into a pocket easily when not wanting to take a purse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy:
      Exactly what I was thinking! Thanks for your comment.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. This is just adorable and so useful. Better double the quantity, they will definitely go fast.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks so much for your comment. I'll do just that. (I'll use up all the "faux leather" (vinyl) I have for these.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Sherry of createology: Love this creation. It doesn’t even look like it needs any lining. Please stay safe tomorrow and merely direct.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I'm going to omit lining, but add an ID pocket to the back. I'll share photos when they're all finished. Thanks for your input!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna