January 2, 2023

January 1, 2023 Photographs...

 
The weather was beautiful yesterday, so I didn't want to miss the opportunity to take a group photo of us to celebrate the new year. I have a new setup with a remote to trigger my camera shutter, but I didn't realize that holding something in my hand would make the dogs think I was holding treats. Hence, two of three focused on my hand. sigh At least Handsome and I (and Carly!) were looking at the lens.
  
 
We were taking a break from packing Handsome and Carly's supplies for their trip to Florida, and I asked them to pose one more time for me, so I'd have a photo of the road warriors. They will likely be on the road by the time you read this.
 
Tag, Bella, Claudette, Crystal and I will be holding down the farmhouse in his absence, and we'll get daily reports on travel progress, followed by updates on rehearsals, concerts, and all things Florida. I laugh when we're in the truck and he complains about one slow driver on a local road or highway. Boy, will he ever have culture shock once he gets back to "tourist season" in full swing in the Sunshine State!  

He's got 1500 miles of driving ahead of him over the next three days, so I'd really appreciate prayers, crossed fingers, good wishes, or however you ask for protection for my beloved husband and our silly Labrador. I'll hold my breath until I know he's safely reached his destination. 
 
I'll be in the studio today. I have some major rearranging in mind, and it's the best way for me to pass the time while I wait. Tag will be back tomorrow and I'll see you again on Wednesday with his road report. For now, I'm off to grab my morning cuppa. 

14 comments:

  1. It's a very nice family picture, & the one of Handsome & Carly is so nice also.
    I'm sure you all will miss him terribly.
    Prayers for a safe trip.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Yes. I'm missing him already! It was a long first day, as we wanted to get him south of the incoming weather systems. He's planning to drive in three days, but drove almost half the distance today to get south the the storms. Thanks for the prayers. They're really appreciated.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. LOL! Silly dogs and their lust for treats (-: Lovely pictures, and you look great! You are obviously keeping up the good work - even after having been through the holidays! Prayers for safety for Handsome and for you as you hold down the home front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Food focus is a double-edged sword, for sure. Helps with reinforcing good behavior, but then there's this. lol Thanks so much for your noticing. I'm going to be even more diligent in the coming months. Thank you for your prayers. They're deeply appreciated.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Great photos. Love the focus on your hand for a treat! Prayers for safe travels for Handsome and Carly. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      I have a hard time figuring out how that little dog can actually get his neck to bend that far! lol
      Thanks for the prayers. We really appreciate them.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Laurajane.dowdall@hotmail.co.ukJanuary 2, 2023 at 8:45 AM

    Safe travels Handsome. Donna take it steady in the studio , you're still on recovery .Happy New Year to all. Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura!
      Thank you so much for your kind wishes...and great advice. I actually did very little today. Took it nice and easy, and am trying to do all the pre-planning before moving so much as a bolt. It may take more than a couple months at this rate. I promise to be careful and take it nice and slow.
      Happy New Year, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: Prayers for Safe Travels lifted. Please be careful rearranging your studio. You look so slim and beautiful my friend. Hold your breath but also BREATHE. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thank you for your prayers and kind words. As I told Laura, I'm going to be extra careful, and will likely wait until after my craft show. Using up a lot of fabric for that event will leave less to move, right? I'm hoping to make more personal progress while Handsome is away. I usually don't cry when he leaves, but I did this morning. I'll take good care of our home and pets while he's making beautiful music, but I do miss him when he's away. He made his first stopping point for the trip, so I can breathe easier now. Thanks again, dear friend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Great family photo. You look wonderful.
    Prayers for safe travels for that dynamic duo.
    I'm thinking that the 'barn girls' might just wander into the farmhouse some day soon, just sayin, I'll never tell.
    Have a great week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks so much for your kind words and prayers. You might be right, but I couldn't possibly comment. lol (Not that they're sleeping on my bed right now or anything.) I hope you have a great week, too, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna