January 25, 2023

Finished By Dusk...

 
There's a term bagmakers use when they've sewn the exterior and lining pieces. All that's left to do is turn everything right-side-out. It's called "birthing the bag". Well, yesterday I birthed all seventeen bags. 
 
To tell the truth, my hands are sore after all that tugging and twisting. Everything is turned out through a small hole I leave in the lining. Once that's done, I sew the hole shut, push the lining into the inside of the bag and smooth out all the elements. I am chuffed over how they all turned out. I have four others that were in inventory prior to this marathon, so I'll have a total of twenty one Kirby Crossbody Bags available in my booth in a few short weeks.

I'm going to run a few errands this morning, and then cut out pieces for the next project. I'd tell you what that will be, but I haven't decided yet. We'll find out together. Come back tomorrow to see what's on deck.

11 comments:

  1. They are all so pretty!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Marilyn. I hope to sell them all!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Very nice. Worth the sore hands!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. My hands are feeling better today. Tylenol worked wonders.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. So sorry about the sore hands - but the end result was certainly worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MA-
      My hands remind me I'm no longer a spring chicken, but my mind keeps lying to me. lol I just need to remember to pace myself and it won't be so bad.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology; Great assortment of Kirby bags. You better have a Brinks bodyguard help you with all your sales proceeds dear. LOL I know cash is so old fashioned. Rest your sore hands my friend. Safety running errands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I sure hope you're right. I use a Square terminal at the shows, but I also carry cash for the rare instances where I might need it. Covering all the bases, you know. I woke up to snow, so I really debated whether or not to go out. Glad I did because now my studio floor will be much warmer! Photos tomorrow.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. I thought I was looking at a Harrods display. Just beautiful. You will be sold out in the first hour.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear Shirley:
      From your mouth to God's ears. That would be wonderful! Thank you so much.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna