January 18, 2023

My New Studio Space...

 
It's not finished yet, but this is my new studio space. It's on the southeast side of the house, so it will have lots of light during the day. I haven't switched out the contents of all the closets - or finished cleaning up Handsome's room and the sewing studio - but it's close enough so I can get back to sewing. It's going to be nice having everything in one room.
 
All the fabric shelves are placed and anchored to the walls, and all the fabric is back in place. The machines are placed where they'll be full-time, but I'll still add the rug in the area under those tables and where my chair will roll, to protect the hardwood floor. I have a hair appointment on Friday, so I'll do it then.
 
In the space above the bookshelves, I'll be hanging my studio television. That will wait, too, for now. I'll share photos of my bedroom space tomorrow. The sewing studio will now be a guest room and needlework room, but that has a lot more work before I can share photos of that. I promise I'll show that space once it's whipped into shape.
 
I'm cutting out more fabric and will be sewing all day. I'll only stop to air the pups and grab a bite to eat. I'm ready to roll now! See you tomorrow.
 

14 comments:

  1. The new studio looks awesome!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marilyn. It sure was nice working in this room today.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. It's wonderful! What a blessing to have such a lovely place in which to create/work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Even on this mostly cloudy day, it was brighter in here than it had been in the other two rooms. More left to do, but it will wait until after the show. Thanks so much!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful use of your space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary:
      Thanks so much. It's actually working better than I'd anticipated. That's always nice.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. It looks amazing - and so well organized!! I'm amazed that you accomplished all that in one weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      You should see the old sewing room and Handsome's room. It's a good thing he won't be back from Florida for a while. It may take me that long to sort, purge and clean up what's left.
      Thanks for your kind words.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. That looks wonderful and I love the light. I share a room with DH and his computers and he always keeps the draperies closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kigwit!
      Thanks so much. The light was one of the reasons I wanted to move into this room. One window is facing east, and the other south. I can already see that it was a good decision to move things around. I'll only close these drapes when it's blowing and cold outside. Thank you so much for your comment, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Sherry of createology: Wonderful! And already for sewing production is amazing. Having everything in one room will be very helpful. Blessings Dear…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I think you're right. I'm keeping the other pattern file, computer and multi-drawer cutting table in the old sewing machine room. It will serve as my shipping center, needlework stitching room...and when needed, an extra bedroom (using my inflatable queen size bed on legs). I'll tackle the details in the other rooms after my show. Thanks so much, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful and well organized studio. What an accomplishment for one weekend along with everything else you do. This is definitely worthy for "Where Women Create" magazine.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thank you so much! My ol' bones know I was up and down all weekend. I tried to take it easy, but it involved a lot of steps (and that's not counting the stairs!). I love that magazine! Wouldn't that be something? wink Perhaps I'll do a submission after I get the final touches done after the quilt show.
      Big hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna