January 30, 2023

A Bear, A Baby, and A Perfect Day For A Party...


I spent more time outdoors and busy making this little bear than working on bags last weekend. It's okay. I'll be back at that today. For now, I thought you'd like to peek into yesterday.
 
For starters, I made this wee bear for my niece - who turned two last week. The party was Sunday afternoon, and in pure Donna fashion, I waited until Saturday evening to figure out a gift for her. This pattern is from DeerDarlingDolls on Etsy. 
 
I always follow patterns and recipes to the letter...the first time. I make adjustments to suit my taste after that. The tummy embroidery is my own design, but the next time I make this pattern (which is simple, by the way), her arms and legs will be "beefier". Turning these out after sewing nearly killed my hands, and they're still sore as I write this.
 
Great-niece loved her new stuffie, and she toted it around in her new little shopping cart - another gift form another relative - the rest of the afternoon. It was adorable.

 
Great niece is my sister, Diana's great-grandchild, so she and my brother-in-law came down from MN to celebrate, too. Her grandson, Ethan is the Birthday Girl's daddy, along with her older sister and this new, precious, little boy. He's only a month old!

Of course, this great auntie held him for more than a little while, and he was alert, strong (lifting his head up to look around quite often), and content. He's a true pleasure to be around. Of course, I needed to get a photo of him with his "GiGi".

 
This last photo is of me, with Di and my youngest sister, Jan. We had such a nice visit, and it was great to spend an afternoon with both of them. I'm the eldest of all my sisters and brothers. I have one more sister, who is closest in age to me, who couldn't attend. She's been very ill this past year and has been on and off the recipient list for a donated lung. We all pray that that will happen soon for her, fully understanding the loss of a loved one in another family that would make that possible. For now, she stays safe at home, rarely attending family functions anymore.

I got home around 5, and the critters were glad to have me back. It was past their dinner time, after all. I was glad to be back, too. I'd spent an hour and a half clearing snow with our yard tractor before getting my act together to travel north to the party. When I got back home, I took care of the dogs and cats, changed into a comfy set of sweats and made my evening tea. I dozed off in the chair shortly after.

All in all, it was a very great day and I'm so glad I went to the party. Tag will visit with you tomorrow, and I'll be back on Wednesday with more inventory progress.

By the way, I realized that I neglected to write a post on Saturday. I guess I got so busy making that little bear, I completely lost track of time. I actually didn't finish her until 2 am, and then went straight to bed. Two demerits for the neglectful blogger. giggle I know you understand and will give me a pass. Thanks!

11 comments:

  1. That little bear is too cute.
    Sounds like a great get-together, glad you had fun.
    We all give you a pass!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It really was nice. Thanks so much.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. So nice you could be together with your family. I ❤️ the little bear. Perfect size for a little one! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      I was so happy she loved it. I was told she loves her dollies so I was glad to add this to her little "tribe".
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Glad you were able to get to the party! Such an adorable little bear (oddly enough just this morning someone posted the same bear on facebook that she had made for a little one in her family).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      It turned out to be a perfect day. No kidding? I saw the designers post late last week. Perhaps the other creator did, too? She needs bigger limbs, though. Turning these was a real "bear"...pun intended.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. ha ha - just further proof that I'm losing my mind. Turns out the 'other' person I saw posting about making that bear was YOU. Geez.

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: “Lavender” is the sweetest little bear. Your embroidery really makes it special. Lovely to see three of you sisters together. Prayers for a lung for your other sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear Sherry. I wish Sister #1 could have been there, too. Sad that she wasn't in the photo. She's off the transplant list right now, as she needed a heart procedure that requires her to be on blood thinners. They won't give her a new lung while she's on the thinners, and we don't know for how long she'll be taking them. I pray she can wait for it. She's been so very ill. Thanks for your prayers. I'll sure be making more of the bears. Nephew Dan's twins celebrate "7" tomorrow. They've asked for bears, too!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Such a beautiful 'sisters' photo. Prayers for sister #1. The bear is just too cute. So glad
    the weather cooperated for your travels.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks so much. I've always said I have the prettiest sisters. The boys aren't hard to look at either. Thank you also for prayers for the sister who really needs it. It's much appreciated. I need to make two more little bears, and as I'll be with my Sewcial Sisters this week, I'll likely work on the embroideries for them while I'm there. Yes. That was an easy drive, and a blessing. One never knows what to expect during Wisconsin winters.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna