January 11, 2023

Sidetracked...

 
This isn't a recent photograph. I took it when this bed was still in my room. The reason I moved it out was because it was quite a hike to get up (much) onto it every night, and I was spoiled by my farmhouse bed, which is lower. Then I spotted the bed with the acorn and oak leaves motif and I was hooked. The big news is that I'm going to move my studio from two rooms to this larger room so we can have a guest room. 
 
This bed has been in the garage until today, when it's going to a new home, along with the matching dresser and side tables. Once the gent arrives, I'll ask if he's also interested in the matching armoire (which is still upstairs). If he is, he and his buddy will have to carry it downstairs, but I'll offer it to him for a steal that I hope he can't resist. I have a few surprises for Handsome that I want to accomplish while he's in Florida, and that armoir disappearing would be a big part of the plan.

I'm going to go out and dust off the pieces I know this man is going to purchase, and then give the armoire a dusting, just in case. 

Help is scheduled for Sunday to get the fabric room emptied and move my shelves and cutting table into the front room. Then, we'll reset my bedroom set into the newly-vacated fabric room. My plan is that the sewing room will be the guest bedroom (with the built-in cabinetry for now), and I'll also move my comfy chair in so I can sit and stitch there, too. With my nephew, Dan helping, it should go quickly and I won't be lifting all the heavy stuff. When I asked him to help, he didn't hesitate contingent only on whether or not his bride has something planned for their family that he doesn't yet know about. So, with my fingers crossed, I'm hoping the in-house move can proceed as planned.

The Barn Girls are back outside. They're not quite happy about it, but I need my sleep and those two romp around (mostly on me!) all night. I had also bought new litter for them that was better than the clay they were used to. On a recommendation by a few people, I bought a 40# bag of pelletized horse bedding for them. It smelled better and wasn't as messy as clay either. I was happy. Crystal was happy. Claudette was not. I found a nasty surprise in another room when I woke up, and that was that. Outside, thank you very much! (The dogs are happy about this new development, too!)

I know Crystal isn't disappointed. Although she's very cuddly inside, she really prefers the outdoor life. Claudette, on the other hand, was quite put out. She sat on the porch rail looking in the house most of the day. I let her in for a bit of a visit after dinner, and then gave her a cuddle and kiss and told her to go find Crystal as I put her out. At least she wasn't sitting and wailing to be let back in. I admit, they're spoiled.

After the bedroom set leaves today, I'll be back in the studio. I'm going to cut fabric for the sewing/stitching organizer I want to make for the show. I'm hoping to make about a dozen of them by Friday, so I'll get everything lined up and then I can concentrate on sewing without having to go back and forth from the cutting table to the machine. I always look forward to getting the cutting out of the way. It really is my least favorite studio task. Gotta go now. Lots to do. I'll see you tomorrow!
 

10 comments:

  1. That's a cute picture.
    Handsome will be in for a few surprises when he gets back home!
    The kitties will adjust to being back outside.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much. They did like being on that bed, but it was so far off the ground that we had to lift them up and down (especially that little one with the ears!). The cats are fine outside, but whenever I open the door, Claudette is right there trying to bully her way in. She is persistent.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Holy mackerel! My head is swimming with all that you are planning and doing! Goodness, such a big move in the middle of preparing for your upcoming show. No wonder those kitties must be put back out; you definitely need your sleep at night to accomplish all that you do during daylight hours! Hope your move goes well, and we'll all look forward to seeing the changes. I think I need to go take a nap just thinking about your hard work. (-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      Same here! I know it's a daunting task, but I know I'll be more productive with everything in the same room. I'm not looking forward to the actual moving part, but I know my nephew will be a huge help. I slept like a log last night! No furry terrorists bouncing all over me all night. I'm going a lot of preplanning for the move, which means it will likely be pure chaos for at least two days. lol I'll be taking naps, too!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Change is good! Look forward to new photos. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      I couldn't agree more! Handsome is not a fan, so I do these things while he's away. It's better for all concerned. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Good heavens woman - please remember you're still recovering from surgery!!!!! Poor Handsome hadn't better come home in the dark or else he'll likely do himself bodily injury when things aren't where he left them. All this upheaval AND trying to get ready for a show?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I love that you remind me to be careful. Really. Thank you so much for your concern. I promise to be cautious and judicious as we accomplish this. Thankfully, most of his spaces remain minimally affected. He will notice a huge armoire no longer occupies a quarter of his sleeping space, but I think he'll like it. I'm still working toward my show goals, and I think I'll actually be more productive with everything I need in one room. (Fingers crossed!) Thankfully, I have lots of time left to get my tasks done.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Energizer Bunny, you just keep going, and that's what keeps you young. I see some great posts
    coming up for next week. When I get these kind of ideas that's when the purging, decluttering kicks in.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I think I'll need to get one of Handsome's drums out of his music room and march around the house once this is all done! Wouldn't that be a sight?! lol I agree, though. There shall be a lot of purging, decluttering and organizing squeezed into a short time frame. Thanks to my nephew, I actually feel that this is doable!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna