January 24, 2023

Tuesdays With Tag - I Need A Hobby...

 
Hi, Everybody!
Do I look stiff in this picture? I should, 'cuz I'm bored stiff!
 
Honestly, this is what happens when Dad's away and Mom's workin' toward a deadline. She lets us keep her company and stuff, but there's not a lot of runnin' around outside or extra cuddles. I miss Dad. At least he takes us outside for long walkies and throws dummies for us.
 
Mom set up my bed in her studio, so when it's my turn to hang out with her I have a nice place to snooze. She also fixed up some gates downstairs so Bella (or I) can be contained to rooms, and not just to our kennel when it's our turn in "solitary".  

Mom took this picture of Bella when it was her turn to be in the studio. Cheeky girl got right up onto her lap so she could look out the window and down the road! Funniest part is that she actually believes she's a lap dog! She didn't get to stay there very long. Mom was workin', after all.

Mom actually sent this picture to Dad so he could see his WMBBD (He calls her "World's Most Beautiful Black Dog"). I think she's okay, but WMBBD? meh

I really don't mean to complain. She's doin' the best she can under the circumstances. She told us that once she's finished makin' inventory and gettin' through the quilt show, she's gonna do somethin' really special with us. We don't know what that is yet, but maybe it will be a trip to Petsmart to pick out new toys, or even go somewhere with lots of good smells to explore.

So I guess I should find a hobby for myself for days like these. Have you got any ideas for me? Don't say somethin' outside, 'cuz you know what happens if I go outside unsupervised. Who knows where my nose would take me! If you have ideas, leave a comment. I'll make sure Mom sees 'em.

Speakin' of Mom...She said to offer up her apologies for not postin' yesterday. She's up to her ears in cork and threads right now. She's still not finished with the Kirby bags, but should be by tomorrow to show you what they all look like. Then she'll be right on to the next thing, but I'll let her tell you about that. 

I'm gonna see if she'll let me raid the fridge or somethin'. I'd say I like to eat when I'm bored, but truthfully, I'll eat any time I can get at food. It's really only a matter of bein' able to reach into the cupboards or open the door on the fridge. Seein' as how it's not likely I'll be able to do that, I guess I'll just take another nap. sigh 

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Be A Good Dog."

8 comments:

  1. I;m sorry you are bored Tag, but it sounds like Mom has some fun plans for you & Bella.
    Bella is a beauty, but you are so handsome Tag!
    Take care.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      Thanks for sayin' so. I always like hearin' compliments. I'll keep you posted on what Mom decides.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. I know! You need to become the Sewing Inspector. When I was little I had a 'thing' where I showed everything new I got to our Prince (he was a beautiful 'Lassie' dog) and if he sniffed them and wagged his tail I could keep it. If he didn't, that 'thing' was forever not good in my mind. So....it's up to you to be Mom's Chief Inspector of All Things Sew-y and make sure she's doing everything correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      I think that's an awesome idea!!! Maybe she'll let me lick 'em, too! Wouldn't that be fun? I'll have a talk with her about that today. I'll keep ya posted.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Hello Tag. Being bored definitely requires a hobby to offset that boredom. Having no thumbs really does limit the possibilities. Photography is out…so is Twiddling…gosh I am stumped dear. Maybe stuffing pillows would be good? Enjoy your quiet time my Sweet Little Corgi. Naps and Snacks are in order. Smooches…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      If you hadn't mentioned the thumbs, I sure would have. You're right. Definitely limits the possibilities. I'll just have to have a nice dream about you givin' me cuddles. That would be really perfect.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Tag your hobby is being the WMHC (World's most handsome Corgi). You have that perfected.
    Have a great seven.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Shirley:
      I really like that! I get a little tired of the WMBBD thing. Now I have my very own designation! You're so wonderful for thinkin' of that! See you next week.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna