January 20, 2023

Seventeen Kirbys...

 
I have a hair appointment right in the middle of my day, but there are seventeen Kirby Crossbody Bags that will be assembled by the end of the day (fingers crossed). 
 
Prepping the projects always takes longer than I expect and it involves pulling hardware, cutting all the exterior and interior pieces as well as straps and making sure I have all the supplies I need to keep sewing once I begin. I load up multiple bobbins for the sewing machine, and pull out the extension leaf on my sewing table. Then I'm ready to begin. Nothing quite like a little production sewing to turn out some impressive results. 

I'll begin my day by getting Tag and Bella outside to stretch their legs a bit, and then feed the cats. The dogs have to wait a bit because they've been romping around (like waiting an hour after swimming), but I'll feed them after making my morning cuppa and having some fruit for breakfast. Then, it's time to head back to the studio. I'll set an alarm today so I have time to grab a shower before heading out to see Wendi for my haircut.
 
I'll head back home and let the dogs out again, and then you'll find me in the studio until these are finished. It's a great way to end the week, and I can spend tomorrow planning the next lot for sewing.
 
Happy Friday!

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you are all set for a day of sewing after your appointment.
    Nice assembly line!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Best laid plans... I'll be working on them again today.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Assembly-line is the only way to go when you're doing so many of the same thing. I'm looking forward to seeing the end results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I try to translate every pattern I use for production sewing. Doing them one-off takes a lot more time.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. It looks like you will have a busy day! Everything you make is beautiful, whether it's embroidery or sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marit:
      It was a busy day, but not exactly as planned. I'll make up for it today. Thanks so much for your kind words, my dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: You are always so very organized and accomplish more in a day than I do in a week. Happy Haircut…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Not so much yesterday. I'll make up for it today. (I love how she did my hair yesterday!)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. An organized assembly line is the only way to go. Even if prepping takes longer you still make up the time by just being able to sit and sew.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I agree. It takes longer on the front end, but then it's a breeze! (Only downfall is if you make a mistake in assembly, you do it multiple times before you realize it. gahhh!) lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna