January 12, 2023

Brynwood Needleworks - Bedroom Set For Sale/Sold...

 
Less than twenty four hours after listing our Paul Bunyan bedroom set for sale on Marketplace, the new owners were in our drive and ready to load up their purchase. When I saw the van and short bed truck coming down the road, I was skeptical about whether or not the set would leave in one trip.

I'm pretty proud of the fact that I have the gift of being able to puzzle pieces together so they fit. I moved out of my first apartment in a remarkably packed VW Beetle. This would be a piece of cake.

I measured the length of the truck box, height of the armoire and length of the large chest of drawers. Yes. With the possible exception of the headboard, it was all going to fit.

 
Happily, the side chests, bedrails and footboard fit into the van with no room to spare. The wheel well held the footboard in place, so I knew it would travel well. This load was secure and stable, so nothing would be damaged on the hour long drive home.

 
In the end, the headboard fit snuggly between the armoire and chest of drawers. Multiple cargo straps later, the sun came out and the caravan headed out of the driveway and northward home.
 
The armoire was an afterthought, so I took photos and measurements and texted the buyer to see if they wanted that piece, too. When he said yes, I told him I'd charge him half of what I actually wanted for it because it was clean and empty, but still upstairs. He still wanted it, so I held my breath as I watched them carry it down our narrow and steep farmhouse stairs and straight out of the front door.

Like a good blogger, I took photographs. Like a good grandma, I directed this young man to text me once he was safely home. He was so cute. He'd come with his wife, mom and two other young (strong) people. They all helped lift drawers, cannonballs, and the heavier pieces. I helped with a few of the smaller pieces. 
 
About two hours later, my phone signaled a text message. Yes. He sent a photo of the bed set up in one of their bedrooms. The room where it will end up is currently being painted, but he actually said he'd send another photo once it's in the final installation.

I was happy. They were happy, and the first month of 2023 already has a major grouping decluttered from our environs. Talk about multitasking!
 
 
My longest and dearest friend is in Wisconsin from Georgia to attend the funeral of one of her mum's oldest friends. She called me and is coming today for a whirlwind cuppa tea and visit before turning back for home.

Tonight is our planning meeting for our 50th Class Reunion. As I'm the chairman, I'll have a little prep work to do before our dinner gathering. Not much will happen in the studio today, so I'll be busy tossing things that won't be moved this weekend in our "switcheroo fest". Sewing will have to wait until Friday.

Don't fret that I'm doing too much. I spend a lot of time sitting with my feet up to compensate for these short bursts of exertion. I know I'm still healing and am taking great care not to cause any new issues. I promise not to overdo it, but I know how blessed I am that you're concerned for me. Thank you for that.

6 comments:

  1. Great packing job.
    Looks like the furniture went to a good home.
    Have fun planning your reunuion!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I'm glad we got that finished in good order. They weather is falling apart again, and snow is on the way. Most of the other pieces I want to move on to new homes is smaller. We had a great meeting tonight and will finalize everything early next month. It won't be long 'til the party now! (August will be here before we know it.)
      Stay warm!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Yay! You've blessed a young couple and gotten rid of excess all in one blow...definitely a win/win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      They were really pleased to see the furniture and never hesitated to say "yes". That made me really happy that it would be treasured by them. The best outcome, for sure.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Great job. Win/Win. How nice of them to text you. So nice to know their purchase is well appreciated. I had to smile when you told him to text you on their safe arrival home. Our oil delivery (young) guy was here this week and he came to the door with the bill, he had a hoodie on, it was very cold and windy here, first thing I said was 'are you warm enough and where are your gloves?' He smiled and said he was fine and had heat in the truck, he said it was a nice surprise for me to ask because most people yell at him for the price of oil. Like he has control over that. Have a great day.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Shirley. I was a real grandma with them. (Now I know you understand!) When our LP man showed up before Christmas, I gave him a jar of relish and a box of homemade cookies. He was tickled. We really like him, so I try to have something for him at least every other visit. He really appreciates it.
      Big Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna