February 1, 2023

New Hardware...

 
I received my newest hardware order yesterday, and I'm anxious to use them in upcoming bags and other creations. I just love them! They're really high quality and heavy weight, and I love the detail.

Looking at them from top left to right: opossum, fox, mushrooms, Tree of Life, cat, treble clef. Front row:
White owl and Harry Potter's Deathly Hallows symbol. I've already got so many ideas in mind for these. I think you're going to love them!

I sewed today, but stopped before dinner time. My right index finger knuckle is killing me. It feels like a red hot poker in the joint, and even wakes me up at night. I've been taking ibuprofen, but it doesn't always help. I only tell you this so you know why you haven't seen any new finished bags yet. I have an appointment first thing this morning, but I'm hoping to actually finish the bags I started last week.

In the meantime, I'm going to plan what I'll be doing with these just as soon as those bags are finished. I promise the finished products are definitely going to be fun!

9 comments:

  1. The charms are all nice.
    I hope you get some relief for your finger.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn;
      I'm loving them and will have fun using them in projects. I took out the "good" meds and it felt better overnight. Once I tried working in the studio, it flared right back up again. I'm going to see if there isn't a compress, brace, or something else I can use to help me when I need to be working. Thanks for your concern.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. What fun (in reference to the new hardware) but not so fun about your finger. I'm hobbling about with a sore toe the past couple of days so I feel for you - quite literally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I'm so sorry you've got a sore toe! I keep saying..."sisters from another mother". More proof!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Yep - I believe it!!! I'm an 'only' so I need all the sisters I can get.

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Oh no…not your right need finger. I do hope you find relief. I LOVE your new hardware for your creations. You do find the best pieces. Healing Energy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Yep. Even though I'm a southpaw, I do most tasks favoring my right hand. This is not what I need right now, to be sure! Glad you like the hardware. It's so much fun. Thanks, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. The hardware is beautiful, it's all about the detail.
    Oh, I hope you get some quick relief for your finger.
    Would an arthritis cream give some relief?
    Voltaren helps me, just don't read the label.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I really love the hardware, too. I have Voltaren, so I'll give it a try. I also have arnica oil, a couple essential oils that might help, and a few other "linaments". What can I say? It's a "mature person" thing. lol Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try it.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna