February 2, 2023

A Pair of 'Possum Pouches...

 
I managed to make a couple new zippered pouches today...'Possum Pouches! I purchased these fabrics as samples from Spoonflower a few years ago and knew I had to pair them with the new opossum zipper pulls I just got.

One of these (of course) is mine, and my sister has already claimed the second. (She feeds opossums around her property, too.)

 
While I know that only baby opossums hang from their tails (adults are too large to use their tails this way), I think they're perfect for this fabric combination.

 
I paired the opossum fabric with a grey cork fabric. 

I went through my fabric bolts and decided on this fox print (yes, I have others) to use with my fox zipper pulls. The fabric behind this is going to be used for the lining. Same sister said I need to make more than just a zippered pouch with this combination. I guess I may need to make another handbag, or perhaps a Bryn wallet? What do you think?

My finger still hurts, so I'm going to avoid cutting with my rotary cutter for a while. (Not the best ask for me when the quilt show is breathing down my neck!) The down pressure while cutting fabric is almost unbearable. Instead, I'm heading up to Larsen today for this month's Sewcial Sisters. I think a little needlework will be just what the doctor ordered. 

Our twin nieces celebrated their 7th Birthday yesterday, and they'd like me to make bears for them, too. I'll be taking fabric and fibers to stitch the apron/tummy embroideries while I'm at Primitive Gatherings. I'll sew the bears another day. I found patterns for unicorn stuffies, too, so I may change my mind on what they'll receive. Either way, I'm doing needlework today!

12 comments:

  1. 'Never seen an y possum print fabric before. They are super cute. And the key fob as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Danice! I was surprised to see how many opossum fabrics are available in my search. Isn't that great?
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. OMG! I LOVE the Possum bag!
    The Fox fabric is pretty also.
    Have fun today!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn;
      Thanks so much! I ordered more fabric today, as it seems I had an overwhelmingly positive response to these. I'll definitely make more for and after the show. Had a great day, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Oh, those possum pouches are
    really adorable, and I love the added touch of the zipper pull! The fox fabric is lovely, too! I have a feeling you will not be returning home from the show with any of those sweet pouches. Those possums would have been the first to go, so it's good you and your sister snatched them now. (-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      I should receive my reorder of yardage of this fabric in time to have more for the show and beyond. I'm so glad to read that others love them, too. Thanks so much!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Seeing those bags caused an involuntary 'awwwww' moment from me. Hope you have fabric to make more!
    So sorry about your finger - a lesson we all find hard to learn (the one about pacing ourselves to avoid repetivie injury). Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I ordered more fabric yesterday, so it should be here soon. Even if I don't have it in time for the show, I'll definitely have more of these for my online shop. I'm not sure if this issue with my finger is repetitive injury or just "maturity". sigh Thanks again for your concern. (I ordered electric scissors tonight. That should help take the pressure off using my rotary cutters.)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: You have the perfect fabrics for your new charms. I need to have a credit card case with the fox charm keyring for my 35 yo granddaughter who is in love with foxes…she never carries a purse. Her birthday is May 9th so no rush. Please be careful with ongoing injuries to your hands. Blessings Dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I'll be glad to make the cc case for your granddaughter! We can chat about it after the show. I ordered electric scissors tonight. That should be a huge help. Thanks, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. These are beyond adorable. I feed the possums too, I feed anything that comes through the yard. Foxes are very popular also. I have a fox that comes through the yard just about every day, he is so beautiful, looks like he just came from the groomer. Oh Primitive Gatherings, I just watched Lisa's video on the Red and White quilt show.
    I hope your finger got some much needed rest.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      We were watching Lisa on the big screen in the Gathering House while she was online today. I was sitting with our Sewcial Sisters group. The show was so impressive. So many talented quilters. I'm so glad the possums have a friend in you. I'm a sucker for watching wildlife. I've only seen one fox since we moved here. Seems there more elusive here. Where we lived prior to moving to Florida, there was a den in a hillside near our home. I drove past one day to see all the kits playing in the sunshine. They just stopped and watched me as I watched them. They were so beautiful. Finger feels better tonight, thanks. I'm going to take it easy, using a scissors seems to help. The down pressure from the rotary cutter really aggravates it. Lessons learned.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna