February 4, 2023

Stitching Tummies...

 
I took supplies with me on Thursday to stitch bear tummies while I was with the Sewcial Sisters. I do these freehand, so I never really know how it's look in the end.

 
I made the trellis, but my flowers are completely covering the details. I'm going to leave this, but add vines and a few more details. The second one will be in purples or lavenders. I won't make the teddies until after all my show sewing is done, but I'll likely stitch in the evening after I've been at the machines all day. Doing this restores me and makes me happy. 

What makes you smile? What brings delight to your day? I'd love to know, so share away, please. I'll definitely respond. Happy Weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Your freehand embroidery is always so beautiful.
    Stitching brings delight to my day, also baking.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marilyn. I really miss my baking days, and plan to get back to it after the show. It won't be long now. I hope you have a great week!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. That's an adorable tummy!
    I'm always happiest when I have a needle and thread in my hands - doesn't matter what I'm creating or what form of stitching I do (well, mending isn't on my most-liked list). Yarn too. I love to read but as I get older it seems I nod off too easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I agree. It's when I'm happiest, too. I love to read, but that's usually when I doze off - at any time of day. sheesh.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Very beautiful tummy embroidery. I am happiest when being creative…sewing, watercoloring, colored pencils. I am also very happy just watching Nature and critters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Sound's perfect to me, dear. Any of those pursuits make life worthwhile in my estimation.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Your embroidery is beautiful. I'm happy stitching, quilting, crocheting and watching all the creatures in the yard. I had 17 Bluebirds in the yard yesterday. Also looking forward to Spring so I can dig around in the yard. Four degrees here this morning so the digging will have to wait a bit.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      SEVENTEEN??!!! How wonderful for you. I have to wait until spring for them to return. It's cold here, too, right now, although today it had warmed up a bit. Thank goodness it's been sunny. It makes the cold a bit easier to tolerate. Stay warm!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna