February 27, 2023

Teddy Tummies...

 
I received this photograph yesterday from my great-niece's mama. She added a note that said, "This is her favorite toy."  It had me grinning the rest of the day. Just look at her sweet face. I'm so happy she loves it.

It just so happens I was stitching on new teddy tummies when I received the message. I completed these by dinnertime. They're similar, but not exactly the same, as they're going to be new teddy bears for my twin great-nieces when they're finished. It's only appropriate that they not be matchy-matchy, as the young ladies are fraternal twins, so they're not exactly the same either. 

I'll cut out the fabrics for the bears today, and work on them after I get home from my hair appointment. I'll finish them soon. I may add more embroidery to the teddies, too, as the girls are five years older than "W" in the above photo. Theirs will be more "dresser dolls" than teddies they'll cart around with them, so they can be more intricate.

Tag will be back tomorrow, so I'll have extra time to complete these to share with you. He hasn't gone  shopping again since his last post, so who knows what he'll talk about with you. I'm as curious as you are! 

13 comments:

  1. Such a sweet photo . I know it warmed your heart. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      Little Miss is a sweet child. Seeing her with her teddy really did warm my heart.
      Thanks so much,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. So sweet! That smile says so much. It's such a joy when you see photos of your wee ones loving something you've made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Doesn't it, though? I wasn't quite sure how it would be received when I wrapped it up, but seeing how happy she is with it is truly gratifying.
      Thanks so much!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. All just too cute. Wee W, teddy tummies and W's teddy too. I have been doing a little needle dancing myself - finishing off the Primitive Arts cushion cover you sent me ages ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marrianne:
      Thank you, dear. Now, I'd get to stuffing the teddies if only the weather would leave my hands alone. I have to keep taking ibuprofen for this throbbing right knuckle. Dang! Be sure to share your finished project. I can't wait to see what it looks like!
      Big Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. I understand about the throbbing knuckles. I've started getting more in places I haven't before and the weather makes no difference at all. The joys of ageing.

      Delete
  4. That photo is priceless. I'm sure the twins will have just as much love for their teddy also.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I smiled from ear to ear when I saw the photo! The twins are older, but I think they'll love theirs, too.
      Thanks so much!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. It looks like the Dolly is a hit.
    She is too cute!
    Your embroidery is always so beautiful.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much! It's very heartening when the littles love their gifts from me.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Sherry of createology: The sweet smile on W’s face says it all! She loves her hand crafted Teddy you made and embroidered for her. These two new ones for the twins are going to be very special also. Happy slow stitching dear…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Isn't she adorable? She reminds me of a little Who from Whoville. So sweet.
      Thanks so much, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna