February 13, 2023

Weekend Awesomeness...

#2 Granddaughter, me, Cindy G-H
Saturday was fabulous! The show was a huge success, and we had the best sales to date for my booth. Cindy was truly my right hand gal. She listened to my pitch for about ten minutes, and was completely competent to deal with customers on her own. She was a real pro, and I am so grateful that she offered to help in my booth.

I'd like to say I took loads of photographs, but we were still setting up the last of my inventory on Saturday morning before opening, when one of the vendors came into the booth and purchased a Nocturne Traveler. We were off to the races from there.

Our daughter-in-law and #2 Granddaughter came to see our offerings and thankfully, DIL took a photo of us. I'm so glad she did, because I never even thought of taking pictures after the show started. We were wonderfully busy.

Mid-morning, we were pretty busy when two ladies came into my booth with flowers. They asked if I was Donna, and said that these flowers were from my husband. I got a little teary-eyed through my excitement. I told them how he bought flowers for me for my first show forty years ago, and this was a complete surprise from my guy all these years later. (Of course, he's bought flowers for me in the interim, but not for shows.)

The Nocturne that we sold left a void in the center of my back wall display, so it was a perfect place to show off my flowers. We put a matching Kirby Crossbody/Bryn Clutch set next to the flowers, and it looked awesome. Again...no photos.

 
My BFF, Lee came to visit mid-afternoon and also brought a flowering kalancho potted plant for me. Another pleasant surprise to see her.

We stayed busy in our booth until about a half hour before closing. We had a chance to see the other vendors, and then packed up. It was a fast-paced, profitable, and great day. I'll definitely do this venue again next year. 
 
I do have inventory left, so I'll be posting those things over the next week to make it available for purchase. 
 

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad all of your hard work turned into a successful show!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marilyn. All your kind wishes worked!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Yay for you!!! I'm so happy for you that the show was a resounding success. I imagine you came home and crashed afterwards though. How lovely of your Handsome to send you flowers - he's most definitely a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      You're right about that! I fell asleep in the chair as soon as I had a bite to eat. Handsome is the best. After all these years, I'm still crazy about him.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Sounds like a wonderful day. Handsome is so sweet to send you flowers. Your helper Carol looks very happy to be helping. Family and friends visiting is such fun. All your diligent hours of sewing was not in vain. Happy Sales!! Until next year dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks, dear. It was. Handsome is one of the good guys, and he's so thoughtful. He was pretty proud of himself when we talked. Cindy was a great help, and I'd definitely ask her to help again. This event was so successful, I may just do a few more this year! We'll see after I recuperate from this one.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful day. And the flowers from Handsome, best ever. What a success, but then
    again, I told you so. And kudos to your great assistant Cindy also. 'fast-paced, profitable, and great day' who could ask for anything more. Enjoy your week.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      You're right, dear. You did tell me so! Thanks for the good juju. I'm going to take it easy this week, although cleaning out the closets isn't really "easy". I'll take my time, though. I want to sort and purge as I go. I hope you have a great week, too!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna