February 17, 2023

Distracted...

Heart Applique Quilt - Web image

 
I've been trying to keep my mind busy with some sorting and cleaning, but my head is in another place. The sister closest in age to me (all my siblings are younger than me) has been very ill for a while. Five days ago, she was taken to the hospital in grave distress and was subsequently flown to a Milwaukee hospital for urgent care. She has spent that time in ICU until today, when she is scheduled to be moved to an inpatient room.
 
She had surgery during that time, too, and my nieces have been keeping our family informed with updates as they're available. Visitation is limited to two at a time, so our mother, brothers and sisters have stayed away in favor of her daughters who both came from out-of-state to be with her. 
 
We're not sure what the future holds for her. Her condition has been a roller coaster this past year, and she's very frail. We're all praying that she'll come through all of this, and in the meantime, my mind is barely able to focus on any tasks. I move from room to room, waiting for more reports.
 
I'm going to try to accomplish something positive today. I'll keep praying and trust in His will for my sister. Aside from being here if my nieces need me, it's all I can do. 
 

10 comments:

  1. Prayers for your sister & family.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your sister and her entire family. 🙏🏻 Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for God's will - and for strength for your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear MA. The same prayers I've been praying.
      xo

      Delete
  4. We often comment that praying is "all we can do" as if it's really the least helpful thing to do. But, by repeatedly bringing our loved ones before God, the Great Physician, in prayer, it is the very best thing we can do! He is able to do far more abundantly than we ever could. I know it's so very hard not to be present with them assisting in some way, physically or emotionally! I will join you and the others in praying for your sister and family... peace and strength for each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Lois:
      You're so right. I fully believe in the power of prayer, and He is there when one or more are gathered in His name. I'm in contact with both nieces, and have offered support as I'm able to give and they're able to receive. Thank you.
      xo

      Delete
  5. Praying for your sister and family.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna